This position is closed or expired.
See other Chemical Engineering jobs
Our Lifecycle Services provide customers with expertise, technology and processes that can help them operate safely, improve asset reliability and optimize process capabilities. The reliability of our Fisher control valves help our customers to meet production schedules, maintain product quality, and improve plant efficiency. Our actuator technology for best-in class valve control and automation ensuring constant operational safety and reliably.
This new role, based in Jubail, Saudi Arabia, on one of the largest chemical plants in the world, requires a specialist in Control Valve and Actuated Valves to provide on-site technical expertise. Support will be provided through hands on service support, data interpretation, technical support of applications, training and facilitating core site support programs, to ensure total customer satisfaction.
• Outage / adhoc management coordination (customer contact, repair evaluations, safety, fault finding, replacement parts and documentation).
• On-site diagnostic testing data interpretation and recommendation/report generation
• Training of other employees and customers on products/technology, on-site engineering/sales support for Fisher Flow Control lifecycle services.
• Report generation for customers on outages / adhoc maintenance and diagnostics
• Provide support with emphasis on unique situtations
• Coordinate detailed root cause analysis where required
• Coordinate all day to day Field Service requirements and perform the repairs, including service centre repair
• Specialized testing / investigating of valves to meet customer requests for specific information about valve performance
• Write and publish case studies of successes and unique applications
• Serve as a project leader on all support jobs and serve in a supervisory role when providing these support services
Quality Assurance/Health & Safety
• Responsible for quality control of all work performed. Determine safety codes and engineering standards applicable to repair work performed.
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and healthy work environment(s) and adhering to all Emerson / Fisher policies as well as OSHA
• Review and approval of Inspection and Test Plans & Documentation
• Interact with customer inspection personnel
• Implementation of non-conformance processes, corrective actions and preventive action processes
• Interface with product engineers, representatives, suppliers, 3rd party inspection agency and customers to resolve quality issues and field any questions that arise.
• Co-ordination of internal quality program, customer surveillance, third party inspection, and regulatory agency audits.
• Responsible for employee relations, community relations, government relations for all locations in the region
• Responsible for all staffing, recruiting and selecting both direct labour and support functions
• Responsible for personal development of existing staff.
• Provide/delegate training and assist in problem solving.
• Maintain employee focus on quality programs.
• Keep employees advised of changes in work practices.
• Collect, document, and provide feedback to employees on the quality of their workmanship and authorize any rework as deemed necessary to achieve zero defects.
• Provide guidance and feedback to employees on day to day job engagement activities or responsibilities to ensure employees maintain focus on productive business tasks
In order to be considered for this role you will have a minimum of 10 years' experience with Control & Actuated Valves, combined with a Mechanical or Instrumentation Engineering degree/HND/equivalent.
You will have the ability to operate at a senior leadership level, using your tact and diplomacy, negotiation skills, and experience of working in a multi-cultural environment, to achieve successful outcomes for both our client and Emerson. You will also be comfortable being hands-on when required, utilising your previous site experience and technical knowledge to troubleshoot & solve problems.
This role is full-time, non-rotational and based in Jubail, Saudi Arabia. You will be committed to a minimum of 3 years, with the potential of extending to 5 years.
About the Company
Emerson (NYSE: EMR) is a diversified global manufacturing and technology company. We offer a wide range of products and services in the areas of process management, climate technologies, network power, storage solutions, professional tools, appliance solutions, motor technologies, and industrial automation. Recognized widely for our engineering capabilities and management excellence, Emerson has more than 140,000 employees and approximately 265 manufacturing locations worldwide.