Job description / Role
The Sr Account Manager - Digital Sales Direct is responsible for identifying new sales opportunities within existing accounts, managing and solving conflicts with clients and meeting time deadlines for customer accounts among to other responsibilities. They will work closely with the other staff members in all GE businesses to facilitate and support growth in service, software, and outcome-driven revenue generation.
- S/he will partner closely with leaders to help drive the creation and development of an overall sales readiness vision in the context of our expanding global business
- Develop a solution selling framework for GE - tailor deal lifecycle, enablement deliverables, required resources, technology support, maturity model, sales methodology etc.
- Add value to the customer's business and maintain a goal oriented approach to the business partnership
- Inform customers of how they benefit by partnering with GE and how our solutions deliver results
- Gather information from resources internal and external to our customers to create a clear picture of their needs, their place in the market, and of what GE can provide to achieve their objectives
- Analyzes sales pipeline and maintains an array of opportunities to ensure that sales goals are achieved
- Successfully represent GE (internally and externally) at both a strategic and tactical levels including but not limited to sharing the GE strategy regarding the Industrial Internet, as well as participating in and/or leading a customer sales calls
- Formulates the winning proposals based on a cohesive strategy that leverages deep knowledge of industry, customer and GE product
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Strong professional experience
- Works with individuals across the GE businesses on how to use Big Data to collect and analyze market information as well as how to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic commercial decisions
- Proactive in seeking out new digital platforms to drive deeper connections with customers - such as heat mapping existing relationships on LinkedIn to identify new sales opportunities, active in industry groups/blogs to gain exposure to target audiences and viewed as a domain expert
- Develops acceptable strategies to mitigate risks triggered in RFP's and/or customers' T&Cs while meeting GE business objectives
- Creates and delivers solution outlines and migration paths that show the evolution of a system from a baseline state to a target or future state
- Determines account potential by utilizing data modeling
- Leads the implementation of economic value selling throughout customer organization
- Thoroughly analyzes data to identify trends and issues that translate into a plan for the customer with some connection to seemingly independent problems
- Develops acceptable mitigation strategies that consider T&Cs of customers, competition and partners and key differentiators while also meeting business objectives
At GE Digital, we are creating technology and solutions to enable social, mobile, analytical and cloud capabilities for the Industrial Internet. The Industrial Internet is an open, global network that connects people, data and machines. It's about making infrastructure more intelligent and advancing the industries critical to the world we live in. At GE, we believe it's about the future of industryâ€”energy, healthcare, transportation, manufacturing. It's about making the world work better. GE is transforming itself to become the world's premier digital industrial company, executing critical outcomes for our customers. Explore how you can drive greater asset reliability, lower operating costs, reduce risk and accelerate operational performance with our Predix platform and software solutions.
Join our online communities to find out more!
LinkedIn Company page
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.