Job description / Role
The RETAL Senior Accountant is responsible of commencing all accounting transactions and activities in full alliance with the set policies and procedures of RETAL. ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervise accountancy staff to ensure that they are appropriately trained and motivated and carry out their responsibilities to the enquired standards.
• Provide full accounting services, including the preparation of estimates, budgetary control and final accounts for a cost center.
• Prepare monthly trading accounts for cost center activities to ensure that financial targets are met and to assess the need for any remedial action.
• Develop and maintain all other necessary controls and processes to ensure that legal and financial requirements and regulations are complied with.
• Monitor the financial information system to ensure that timely and accurate information is provided for managerial decision making.
• Prepare statistical returns and financial analysis on a range of topics for internal and external use.
• Oversee the administration of any loans and repayments, including maintaining liaison with brokers and lenders.
• Prepare and monitor cash flow projections and associated records to determine the optimum use of funds or the need to raise additional revenue.
• Correct and timely data capturing and collection to support correct system entries.
• Aligning all accounting activities to the set procedures and full adherence by the accounting control policies.
• Organizing, executing, recording business transactions in appropriate time, managing accounting activities, general ledger, recording of financial transactions, yearly audit preparation, and also managing salary preparation & distribution.
• Defined and controlled accounting material related to internal and external specifications.
• Supervising the accounting system and maintaining required trackers.
• Maintaining Adequate Historical archive and document control.
• Analyzing and assessing Accounting systems outputs and final figures.
• Proposing new enhancements and improvements to the current work processes and procedures to assure better sustainability and control.
• Deeply participating in fraud prevention and loss control.
• Complies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Leads the analysis of current and historical financial operations and estimating future expenditures for budgets preparations.
• Monitors the receipt of fixed assets and the issuance of acceptance certificates after conducting proper inspections, additions, sales. Transfer & write off, depreciation calculation.
• Performing all accounting activities related to accounts receivables, Payables, Payroll entries, GL matching etc. including preparing invoices, processing transaction entries and generating reports while ensuring compliance with financial policies and procedures.
• Verifying all the transactions processing activities of the General Ledger and the closing process including preparation of reporting schedules, ensuring compliance to accounting policies, verification of all financial entries, coordination between the different accounting sections to ensure that the required accounting entries are made to ensure transaction validation and completeness of accounts.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Monitors account balances for the purpose of ensuring that allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated and expenses are within budget limits.
• Liaises with Sales Team for recovery of dues, tracks and reconciles bills receivables upon receipt.
• Processes charge backs, returns and bad cheques, and prepares an age receivable report monthly to write off bad debt (Gaining the required approvals).
• Participates in the preparation of periodical financial statements.
• Prepares and maintains journals, ledgers, closings, and other periodic reports in accordance with the Company chart of accounts.
• Prepares year-end work papers for the Internal Auditor.
• Perform monthly payment requests, applying payments, and assisting suppliers.
• Enter data in financial data processing system.
• Review and verify data entry for accuracy.
• Audit invoices against purchase orders, research discrepancies and prepare invoice for approval codes invoices.
• Receive the invoice and receiving/acceptance report and verify the completeness of documents and approvals.
• Match the vendor invoice with the purchase order/ contract, receiving/ acceptance report and other supporting documents.
• Coordinates all month-end Accounts Payable accounting functions including preparing monthly schedules.
• Prepare monthly Accounts Payable monthly closing reports.
• Inter-Company JV processing, reviewing, charging by monitoring, distribution & processing JV.
• Assure Fraud Control and loss prevention aspects are being followed and worked by.
• Handle of any task assigned by direct manager.
Provides Support To:
Finance Manager/GM/DGM/ Department Head
Internal - External
• Department Managers
• Internal Auditor
• All Department
• Senior Budget and Financial Planning Officer
• Retal Subsidiaries
• Al-Fozan holding & its subsidiaries
• External Auditor
• Strategic Planning
• Analytical Thinking
• Details Oriented
• Management and Financial cost estimations and control
• Achievement Orientation
• Trust -Worthy, Honest and loyal at extreme levles
Experience and Qualifications
• 4 Year Diploma in the related filed.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
• 2-4 Year Field Experience as Accountant or higher is a must
About the Company
maptalent are experts at delivering quality recruitment and human capital solutions across the Middle East, United States and United Kingdom.
Having highly experienced teams based out of our offices’ in Dubai, Los Angeles and Birmingham specialising in the recruitment of professionals across a wide range of sectors including contracting, power, energy, consultancy, architecture, infrastructure, fit-out and mechanical electrical engineering.
maptalent is a partner managed business with staff we consider to be the best in their field. With nearly 80 years combined international recruitment experience maptalent has capacity to provide challenging and successful recruitment solutions.
If you are looking for a position in the Middle East, USA or the UK or you are wanting to find out where maptalent can add value to your recruitment process then get in contact.