Job description / Role
Sr Business Management Staff Manager - Business Operations
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Role Summary: Full responsibility of the P&L of Grid Solutions Service business in the country covering ITO & OTR. Define Grid Service strategy in the country while aligning with the Regional and Global Service strategy. The role will have to manage a dedicated group of people to ensure that GE is able to provide lifetime product support for both its current and obsolete range of products in line with Grid Service offering while ensuring employee and customer satisfaction.
1. Five Years Plan & Budget elaboration
Execute 5 Years Plan in Saudi Arabia in collaboration with Region and the Product Line. Lead the development and diversification of the Service offering and portfolio in the country with the support of the regional and global teams.
2. Budget Execution
Organize the Unit activity in KSA and launch all the necessary actions plans to commit with the budget. Work together with the leaders of other GS PL's and other GE businesses to capitalize on all business opportunities. Increase business opportunities and penetrate new markets and domains.
3. Industrial setup
Define and implement the required industrial setup to deliver 5YP to ensure meeting operating plans and customer satisfaction.
Organize the Sales and Tendering activity in collaboration with Country Commercial Team and the product line in orders to reach the level of Orders Received. Participate in the definition of the price and margin policy for the Unit's products to satisfy the Customers' requirements, optimize the Unit's financial results and minimize the risk for the Unit/PL/Company (technical, financial, legal)
5. Delivery Performance
- Ensure prequalification of SER PL specially in Industries and Oil & Gas.
- Optimize cost.
- Ensure the Customer satisfaction by making the Unit very pro-active in front of any customer complaint
Ensure the environment protection of the Unit and protect his personnel by implementing GE EHS policies.
7. Continuous Improvement
Plan, Implement, follow up and sustain the Continuous Improvement action plan of the Unit in collaboration with the involved functions of GE
8. People Management
Build a strong local team. Ensure the evolution of the personnel in term of capacity (versus load) and knowledge (recruitment, training, coaching…). Recruit key positions. Promote and retain talents. Ensure internal communication and people motivation. Conduct opinion survey
9. GE Beliefs
Guarantor of the strict application of the GE Spirit & letter in each department of the Unit especially in Sales, Sourcing and Finance operations. Promote GE culture of candor, transparency and work-ethics among the teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college. MBA is a plus.
- 10 to 15 years' industrial experience (including strong management experience)
- Should have an experience as Managing Director with experience in T&D field in Saudi Arabia.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate teams and individuals.
- Ability to work in a continuous improvement environment, delivering commitments and initiating improvements
- Capable of working comfortably in a matrix organization
- Prior P&L management experience
- Technical business understanding. (commercial, processes, cost control, customer focus)
- English, Financial knowledge, Commercial awareness.
- Former experience in Saudi Arabia
- Former experience in Service business is a plus.
- Locations: Saudi Arabia; Riyadh
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.