Job description / Role
To develop cost estimates consistent with the Company’s procedures and guidelines, enabling effective project management. The cost estimating function for the project shall include:
• Development and update of cost estimates
• Project scope control
• Development of contingency allowance and escalation
• Compilation of cash flows
• Estimation of project scope changes
• Preparation of Value Engineering Estimates
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Coordinates with Project Managers and Project Engineers and supervises Cost Estimating Engineers to ensure correct implementation of cost estimating procedures and requirements.
• Reviews and closely monitors the development of the cost estimate
• Ensuring that cost estimates conform to company’s guidelines and procedures.
• Preparation of cost estimate plans and basis of estimate. Prepare and lead estimate review presentations.
• Develop cost estimating database. Interfacing with project operations to update database with actual trends and labor productivity.
• Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of cost estimates.
• Identifying and evaluating trends and their impact on project costs.
• Determining the training and development needs of employees.
• Making recommendations on staffing and other Human Resources activities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Graduate degree in project management or MBA is a plus.
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in cost estimating.
• Has experience in the oil/gas, hydrocarbon, refinery, offshore, or Industrial projects and has cost estimating experience in EPC LSTK mega projects.
• Have thorough knowledge of cost estimating practices, calculation methods, standards, and procedures.
• Proficiency in all project management disciplines, exposure to accounting, finance, economics, procurement, contract administration and labor laws.
• Broad knowledge of all trades and disciplines.
• Sound understanding of schedules and cashflows
• Aspen Capital Cost Estimator (KBASE) experience is a big plus.
• Middle East project experience
• Saudi Aramco experience
• EPC experience
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Planning & Cost Control Engineer
BAC Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||30 Apr|
Cost Engineer - Desalination Plant Construction
|Saudi Arabia||28 Feb|
Sr. Project Controls Engineer - Construction and Engineering Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE