Job description / Role
Provision of professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with particular emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes.
Member of the Engineering Department professional staff supporting all MYAS projects. Reports to the Section Manager. Interfaces with project management staff, other departments and contractors, and directs and supervises more junior engineers.
Major Activities Performed
1. Reviews improvement plans and design calculations for compliance to approved criteria and good engineering practice.
2. Provides support for construction in answering RFI’s, resolving design issues, clarification and/or interpretation of design drawings, technical specifications and scope of work.
3. Provides plan review of private development and design of site improvement projects.
4. Experience in the planning of a new community, such as roads and utility infrastructure, for a rapidly growing City or Community.
5. Provides technical advice and guidance to management on all Civil Engineering aspects of infrastructure construction and needed improvements for a rapidly growing City.
6. Assists in the preparation of utility (Sewer, Water and Storm drain) master planning and infrastructure planning and creating and implementing a municipal capital improvement program. Has experience in preparing capital improvement civil plans or the technical review of municipal capital improvement projects.
7. Has knowledge and experience of good civil design practices, use of common international design standards and heavy construction practices.
8. Provides technical assistance during pre-bid conferences, proposal evaluations, and post-award or other contract conferences. Has experience coordinating with construction of major infrastructure project and other disciplines, government agencies and/or municipal departments.
9. Reviews A/E contractor design drawings, specifications, and calculation submittals and coordinates with the works of other disciplines.
10. Prepares conceptual designs, interface layouts and resolves conflicts with alternative solutions.
11. Review technical specifications and material take-offs.
12. Prepares technical correspondence, reports, and studies.
13. Prepares presentations to upper management on technical issues.
Experience and Qualifications
1. A degree in Civil Engineering from a recognized western university plus 12 years’ post-graduate professional experience.
2. Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) is required.
3. The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
4. Specific technical qualifications for the requisitioned position are identified below:
• The candidate must have 5 years of hand on experience in the design of roads and utilities (Water, sewer and drainage) and site/land development for large residential, industrial and commercial areas. This experience should include the design of specific sanitary sewer, domestic water and storm drainage systems.
• 7 years’ experience in the design of local streets and highways, residential subdivisions, industrial business, parks, commercial/retail shopping centers.
• Experience working in and/or with local municipalities in design and coordination of infrastructure projects with other agencies.
• KSA experience a plus.
• Project management experience in managing design projects is preferred.
• Familiar with Auto CAD, Water, sewer and drainage systems modeling, mass grading and earthwork modeling, ASHTO highway design manual, ITE design criteria, State highway design manuals, and ASCE Technical papers on design of sewers and water lines.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.