Job description / Role
- To direct, control and co-ordinate the execution of projects, under the leadership of the Senior Project Manager, involving high technology equipment, engineering and services to achieve project completion on time, within budget and at the required levels of quality taking into account safety and reliability.
- To assist the Senior Project Manager in providing project input, in the areas of scope definition and preparation of engineering data, to the Business Matrix Core team, for the preparation of customer bids/proposals.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the Project Manager
Responsibilities will include:
Being the overall project lead for the engineering and construction work performed by the assigned Contractor. This will generally involve:
- Linking the office Project Engineering design role with the field construction activities
- Solving technical problems and ensuring the resolution of Technical Queries in a timely manner
- Solving missing material issues
- Anticipating issues before they occur. In particular having a strong grasp of the manpower and skill requirements of the GC and ensuring that these are available
- Coordinating the construction management from AP and the GC to deliver the work on budget and schedule. It is a leadership and directing role.
- Maintain an open and effective communication channel with Construction Management and with the Site Project Manager
- Represent the Company in meetings with the Client, interfacing EPC’s, sub-contractors, and other stakeholders. Lead meetings and record minutes of meetings as required.
- Manage the Client at the Site as necessary
- Support the interests of the Site Project Manager and the Overall Senior Project Manager at the site, in particular in relation to safety, security, cost optimization and management, and schedule control
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Safety, Security and Quality plans
- Support and promote the implementation of the Project Execution Plan
- Provide strong leadership and coordination to ensure the GC is working effectively to achieve the project KPI’s. Identify and address risks and issues, escalating to the Site Project Manager and Senior Project Manager as required
- Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site, escalating to the Site Project Manager and Project Director as required. Provide cross-functional coordination on site, with external stakeholders, and with the offshore team as required.
- Manage all expenditures at the site in accordance with Company and Project Procedures, and Delegation of Authority
- Manage time capture and approvals for all reimbursable supervision team resources
- Manage the site assets and maintain the associated Asset Register
- Deputies for the Project Manager when the Project Manager is not available
- Write regular progress reports as required by the Site Project Manager and Senior Project Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- An appropriate Engineering degree
- The Lead Project Engineer requires the following general experience.
- At least 8- 12 years relevant experience in a project role in industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry, at least 4 years of which should be construction site based
- A general knowledge of the execution of construction work including scheduling, work planning, resourcing of labour, material management and work preparation across all discipline i.e. Civils, Mechanical, Instrument and Electrical
- Commercially experienced in the management of construction contracts and the management and control of change.
- This role needs some design experience but is essentially going to have a lot of field construction experience across all the disciplines i.e. civil, mechanical, instrumentation and electrical. He needs to have broad experience and not be a specialist.
- Team Player
- Strong communicator written and oral
- Strong and effective leader and coordinator
- Organised, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
- Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel
- Familiar with SP Materials and STAC/Aconex
- Familiar with AP’s SAP reporting process
- Strong report writing skills
- Experience of working in a multicultural project team
- Middle East project experience
- Saudi Aramco experience
- Engineering and Procurement experience
- Experience of working on camp based construction sites in remote Middle East locations
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Saudi Aramco Total Refining & Petrochemical Company (SATORP)
Site Engineer (Villa, Residential Units)
|Saudi Arabia||12 Jan|
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)