Job description / Role
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This role will include the following:
• Develop and maintain an interface plan for the Jubail IG hub program.
• Develop and maintain a strong and effective professional working relationship with all the internal and external parties
• Liaise closely with the home office interface manager and ensure continuity with the Interface Points as each interface point moves from design to IFC and eventually to construction.
• Take the lead from projects team to coordinate constructability issues at the site interface meetings.
• Liaise closely with the site construction manager to ensure issues raised at the site interface meetings are correctly documented and he must take ownership and be the champion to resolve the issues.
• Actively manage all risks associated with interface points on site.
• Work with the Royal Commission, SEC, and Marafiq to secure all the required permits.
• Ensure all change orders raised on site due to site interface issues are well documented with respect to who is liable for approval of costs.
• Need to be strong and firm ensuring Air Products has a robust defense to control and manage costs arising from site interface issues.
• Liaise with Contracts Administrator to ensure all SDQs relating to interface points are captured.
• Provide leadership to ensure prompt prioritization and coordination of all unforeseen issues at the site with regards to Interface Points, escalating to the Site Project Manager and Project Director as required.
• Provide cross-functional coordination on site, with external stakeholders, and with the OOK teams as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• At least 7 years relevant experience in a project role in industrial gases, oil & gas or related industry, at least 3 years of which should be construction site based in an interface management or equivalent role
• Team Player
• Strong communicator written and oral
• Strong and effective leader and coordinator
• Organized, disciplined, able to perform under pressure and manage multiple priorities and parallel tasks
• Strong Microsoft software skills, particularly Excel and MS Project
• Strong report writing skills
• Experience of working in a multicultural project team
• Middle East experience
• KSA experience
• Saudi Aramco experience
• Industrial gas experience
• Experience of working on camp-based construction sites in remote Middle East locations
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.
Senior Project Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||19 Mar|
Senior Project Manager
Rider Levett Bucknall
|Saudi Arabia||27 Feb|
Project Manager - Infrastructure
Ignite Search & Selection