Job description / Role
• Responsible for risk planning, qualitative & quantitative risk assessments, periodic update of risk register, mitigation strategies and preparation of reports and presentations for appropriate levels.
• Performs a major role in facilitating risk workshops with all project stakeholders in identifying, developing risk register and prioritization of the risks.
• A thorough knowledge of Risk Assessment processes and tools/applications is required.
• Reports directly to the Director/Manager, Projects Management Department.
• A close relationship is maintained with Project Managers, Project Planners/Schedulers, Estimators, Project Engineers and Senior Resident Construction Managers.
Major Activities Performed
• Facilitates Risk Workshops/reviews throughout the project lifecycle.
• Performs highly complex statistical, quantitative and qualitative analysis on individual risks.
• Performs regular monitoring of emerging risks, analyze risk trends, and work with risk owners to analyze complex risks and make potential risk mitigation recommendations.
• Analyzes and reports the likelihood of success for project cost & schedules linking risk and uncertainty to the tasks to be undertaken.
• Leads the Project Team and staff to facilitate the Risk process for risk identification, definition, assessment, analysis, mitigation, and monitoring throughout the project lifecycle.
• Supports the knowledge sharing of risks and opportunities across the portfolio/programs ensuring lessons are learnt.
• Assess the need for and create/develop custom risk reports for various levels of the organization including the Executive Management.
• Leads in the development of training materials and assist in conducting Risk Management related education/training to various levels of management and staff.
• Coordinates the resolution of risk software problems with the IT department as needed and monitor regular updates to the risk repository, assessment, and reporting tool and ensure integrity of the repository database.
• Develops project and work schedules to ensure completion of deliverables to Senior management.
• Assists the management in the preparation of executive level presentations.
• Oversees the creation and maintenance of up-to-date meeting minutes, reports and related materials for the Enterprise Risk applications.
• Proficient in analytical skills, attention to detail and accuracy, able to identify key issues, interpret information and present recommendations and conclusions in a self-confident, clear and concise manner.
• Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task and meet established deadlines consistently.
• Understanding of construction management fundamentals, project scheduling, cost estimating and project controls.
• Supports constructability reviews, schedule critical reviews and scrutinize cost estimates, understand areas of uncertainty.
Experience and Qualifications
• Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business and minimum 10 years of experience in a projects oriented environment performing Risk Analysis.
• PMI-RMP certification is highly desired.
• Experience with Risk planning, Risk Assessment Workshop facilitation, Risk Mitigation and Risk Analysis using tools such as, Oracle/Primavera Risk Assessment or similar applications; and scheduling of project activities particularly using computer based scheduling software such as Microsoft Projects, Primavera Project Planner or similar programs is required.
• Fluency in the Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is required.
• Experience of working in foreign countries, especially in the Middle East is an important criterion.
• Should also be able to function effectively with colleagues and subordinates of multiple ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.