Job description / Role
Resident engineering position on the Royal Commission Headquarters (RCHQ) construction site and will be responsible to support and report to Sr. Resident Construction Manager (SRCM). Oversees all field activities, provide construction management support, identify issues affecting progress and seek solutions, acts on behalf of the SRCM during his absence. Application of Resident Engineer expertise for construction & infrastructure work. Owner’s Engineer position representing the Construction Department and the Royal Commission. Responsible for review of civil construction submittals, including civil, infrastructure, site drainage, grading, paving, site concrete, coordination of tie-in points, coordination with building MEP work. Provides technical guidance to contractors and utilizes his subject matter expertise to ensure that the permanent works are constructed per the contract in accordance with applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications, budget and schedule.
Reports directly to the SRCM for the Construction Department in Yanbu, to receive administrative and technical direction in terms of project objectives. Interfaces with other Royal Commission Departments, End Users and occasionally with senior management and client representatives. Daily contacts with Contractor’s on-site structural and management staff.
Major Activities Performed:
• Coordinates closely with Contractors’ construction activities, structural/geotechnical engineer to ensure that mass grading is properly coordinated with building foundation systems.
• Assists Contractor with coordination of other related trades (i.e. plumbing, fire protection, site drainage, landscape, hardscape, process piping, structural, etc.)
• Witnesses Contractors’ quality control inspections to ensure that the permanent works are constructed according to the contract, applicable codes, standards, approved drawings and specifications
• Reviews Contractor-submitted shop and as-built drawings, materials submittals, tie-in procedures, project schedules, and work permits; and assists RCEC in obtaining their approval and/or comments.
• Reviews Contractors’ structural quality assurance and quality control programs, inspection and test plans, installation, testing, and as-built procedures, for all civil engineering systems and comments for transmittal to the contractors.
• Arranges meetings between the Contractor and concerned departments/organizations to resolve interfacing problems during construction.
• Organizes, coordinates, and conducts in conjunction with the concerned departments/organizations acceptance inspections and re-inspections of the completed permanent works, until all deficiencies are corrected and signed off.
• Assists the Project Controls Cost Engineer, or Contract Administrator, by reviewing Contractors’ invoices for correctness of installed quantities for the Civil portion of the permanent works.
• Attends regularly scheduled meetings between the Construction team and the Contractor.
• Initiates and prepares for SRCM and RCES draft Civil related letters, memos or reports to Contractors and other Departments.
Experience and Qualifications:
• BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited western university.
• Should hold Engineering professional qualification such as PE or PMP.
Minimum of 10 years of construction management field or design experience in civil engineering work, preferably infrastructure work:
• Geo-technical work including compaction testing, determination of soil properties,
• Coordination of tie-in points for electrical, storm & sanitary drainage, water & fire mains.
• Coordination of site concrete work, coordination with existing tie-in points at perimeter of jobsite.
• Ensure compliance with existing horizontal and vertical survey control points.
• Coordinate with contractor to ensure compliance with gravity fed and force main drains to make sure positive drainage works properly.
• Coordinate all landscape, irrigation and hardscape features of the project.
• Coordinate all site paving operations.
• Coordinate all final grading operations.
• Work with Contractor to make sure all as built are correct relative to the site.
• Construction and building drawings.
• Shop drawings and Material submittal reviews and approvals.
• Appropriate civil engineering codes and standard construction practices.
• Construction sequencing & methodology.
• Familiarity with International Building Code (IBC).
• Must have or be able to obtain Saudi Driver’s License.
• Must be fluent and be able to effectively communicate in both spoken and written English.
• Knowledge of computers and basic software applications: MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point), read construction schedules (Primavera).
• AutoCAD is a benefit, but not a requirement.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Senior Resident Engineer – Civil
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Sr. Resident Construction Engineer/Civil (Expat)
Resident Construction Engineer
Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
|Ras Al Khaimah||1 Apr|