Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
As part of our Supply Chain Transformation towards our vision, we are adding senior Supply Planners to both our Fashion and Beauty Supply Chain teams
Our Supply Planning team members play a critical role in delighting our customers. Using available big data and working cross functionally, you will support the Category Teams in making great assortment decisions consistently. You will ensure that we have the highest On Shelf Availability whilst optimizing our working capital tied up in inventory. You will lead the Inventory Optimization efforts including direct participation in the Product Life Cycle Management. This team effectively owns the On-Time in Full Metrics as well as Working Capital Utilization.
What you'll do:
Inventory Management & Fulfillment Support
- Develop and test different options for stock size, composition and age profile and recommend optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Implement inventory strategies based on cost benefit analysis as defined by the strategic objectives and goals
- Set KPIs that align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimization to attain short term and long-term goals
- Identify supply constraints which are business critical and work with supply partners to try and improve them to enable improved planning, inventory and service levels
- Develop suppliers to achieve capability levels required to support our business
- Conduct an assortment of negotiations to accomplish organization objectives
Demand Planning and Analysis:
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan where needed; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
- Support demand team in the mitigation of specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant within the category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Support any action plans involving price adjustments
- Partner with Group Logistics and Group Legal to determine the appropriate standard Incoterms approach to use for each type of cargo and address any violations or code of ethics breach
- Challenge selected methods of transportation and recommend alternative approaches
- Establish storage strategies and plans; set KPIs to ensure transactions, costs, and health and safety strategy expectations are met
- Optimize stock allocation in warehouses
- Select the appropriate options to maximise efficiency and service levels
- Ensure strategies, resources and business processes are developed and in place to accommodate inventory returns and ensure inventory planning adjustments are made accordingly
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify secondary markets or disposal facilities for unsold goods
Cost Management & Analysis
- Apply cost modelling techniques to internal flow of money and explain implications on revenue to management
- Implement financial analysis methods such as cost volume profit and cost/price models
- Identify, propose and, if required, implement agreed changes of portfolio mix in order to optimise the price/mix ratio
Supply Chain Operational Excellence
- Support the role of audit and financial compliance in all operational activities
- Define the quality checks and balances for the processes to secure reliable item supply and for the conformance of the supplied items
- Identify, analyze risks, and develop organizational risk management strategies and lead initiatives
- Secure agreement for the critical KPIs and constantly drive for improvements
- Support and advocate data management, controls and data mining applications and systems
- Leverage business intelligence tools to develop non-routine information from the manipulation of data; have the statistical understanding and can use appropriate techniques to determine the business significance of the information derived
- Develop new business intelligence reports, trend charts and limit controls
Supply Chain Planning
- Collect and analyze data needed for and output from network design/optimization
System Capabilities & Technology
- Utilize available systems according to the needs and demand of the business
- Suggest improvement on localized system developments
What you need to succeed in this role
- Successful candidates will have excellent Supply Planning & Coordination and Inventory Optimization experience, coupled with the ability to upskill others in this area. You must be comfortable working with big data sets and have demonstrated successes in leveraging data to drive improvements in OTIF.
- Strong experience in project management, continuous improvement methodology, New Product Introduction, and Warehouse & Transportation management systems are a big plus
- The soft skills needed for this role are excellent communication skills and the ability to work with or lead cross-functional activities. You should be familiar with sophisticated Supply Chain Management systems used for Supply Planning and are up-to-date with the latest Supply Chain Management technologies
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.