Job description / Role
Excellent career development opportunity with promotion opportunities!
POSITION : Staff Compound Cleaner
START DATE: January 2021
PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Staff Compound Cleaner ensures the cleanliness, hygienic maintenance and orderly presentation of the Staff Compound, Staff common zones and the surrounding areas frequented by the staff around the Estate.
• You maintain a positive overall impression, have great stamina, a positive attitude, and a dedication to excellence
• You are required to check and report items which are damaged or in need of maintenance.
• You are also interacting with staff and guests in a professional and respectful manner and play an important role in addressing special requests or problems
• Cleaning and maintaining the Compound, dining halls, and associated bathrooms and common areas, etc.
• Regular waste coordination: collection of garbage from within common areas, including separation and disposal of garbage, including sorting, organising, sealing and transporting on a regular basis
• Maintaining the cleanliness, physical order and hygiene of the staff village as per the direction of the Staff managers
• Report all defects and follow up repair until completion
• Dusting, sweeping, mopping, and washing floors, toilets, showers, tubs, driveways, windows, and counters.
• Vacuuming carpets, upholstery, and any other dusty surface
• Cleaning all surfaces in the kitchen and bathroom
• Making beds and fluffing pillows
• Scrubbing and sanitizing all relevant surfaces
• Handling all furniture and appliances carefully
• Follow instructions given by Staff Management leadership or HOD team
• Provide informative handover to next shift and management where applicable
• Ensure all areas including but not limited to dining, lounging, reception, pool, outdoor, bedroom and office areas of the estate are presentable and up to standards at all times
• The Staff Compound Cleaner must be able to adapt to change around the Estate, whilst maintaining professionalism, respect and a calm disposition
• Work and liaise with other members of the department and the overall Project to support and assistance where required on an adhoc basis.
• Attend to all complaints, inquiries and requests promptly referring to Staff Manager if unable to assist
• Additional duties as required on the request and direction of the Staff Manager
• Must speak fluent English communication skills and have numerical literacy
• Relevant certification or license may be required.
• Previous cleaning experience and public areas cleaning essential
• Good knowledge of cleaning supplies and chemicals.
• A flexible approach towards working hours is required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Ability to maintain a positive and friendly attitude.
• Very high attention to detail at all time
• Ability to develop rapport within a short time frame
• Neat personal presentation
• Performing all duties with the sense of priority and dedication, serving in a calm, discrete and courteous manner whilst respecting timing standards
• Ability to work unsupervised, in a large team and take direction
• Absolute honesty, integrity, and reliability
• Ability to stand, sit, and stoop for long periods
• Polite disposition
Non-smoker / No visible tattoos
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.