Job description / Role
You will be working on multiple projects in a technical domain as a technical expert or internal consultant. You will work on highly complex projects that require in-depth knowledge of two or more specialized architecture areas. You will across multiple technical or functional domains
- Conduct IT infrastructure site assessment (network, passive, and servers)
- Analyze, design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Translate functional, application, integration, service, and business requirements into infrastructure and technology design Artifacts.
- Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team
- Participate in the business-wide Infrastructure architecture and domain governance model
- Contributes to the infrastructure requirements of software development, data, and technology.
- Contributes to the designs and deployment of infrastructure solutions meeting standardization, consolidation, TCO, security, regulatory compliance and application system qualities, for different businesses.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Significant professional experience in <Linux, Network, storage or virtualized/cloud computing infrastructure OR a Master's degree with strong relevant experience
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Skilled level expertise in design of to meet business application system qualities
- Understands architecture standards concepts to apply to project work .
- Understanding of system development in cloud environments, including Software as Service (SaaS), Platform as Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience in Application needs on Public, Private and Hybrid cloud.
- Understanding PaaS, Cloud Foundry.
- Understanding and Working Proficiency on virtualization, IT Networking and VPN .
- Good experience with at least two Linux flavors.
- Good experience with Devops and CICD domain.
- Good experience with infrastructure requirements of containerization technologies.
- Applies values, understands business strategy, and respects company policies.
- Supports the team, seeks complete problem solving, and guides coworkers towards better performance.
- Challenges conventional thinking and traditional ways of operating and invites stakeholders to identify issues and opportunities.
- Takes a systems perspective that inter-relates internal and external factors for planning.
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
- Client facing skills (Active listening, Communication, Empathy, Critical thinking, Dedication, presentation, Leadership)
- with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits.
- Meets with project leaders and software development Leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific):
- Must be willing to travel 20%
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Riyadh
- Must be Saudi or have transferrable Employment Iqama in Saudi
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.