Job description / Role
Job Description Summary The Staff services consultant is responsible for leading the technical aspects of end-to-end Software projects. Specifically leading the technical delivery aspects of EMS/DMS/SCADA in addition to team coordination including Solution Design, Solution Testing and Solution Integration.
Additionally, this role will be responsible for the coordination of technical activities for Saudi Arabia projects to ensure high quality delivery to end-users and customers.
- Act as primary customer interface on technical issues dealing with software and system level designs, including system functionalities
- Conduct technical review of application designs and work with the application areas to ensure that project requirements are met.
- Ensure hardware availability in support of software requirements.
- Provide overall technical direction in the system development with general responsibility for system integration and testing.
- Keep customers abreast of technical developments.
- Ensures generation of system level documents; assists in the development of customer progress reports and monitor the development of proper documentation for the system.
- Work with the customer to resolve any technical issues that may develop.
- Create project schedules with accurate estimates for all technical work required for completion.
- Manage and review technical work done by assigned Project Engineers providing technical guidance and direction in all phases.
- Track progress of Software Developers and assist in the resolution of design issues.
- Track progress of the integration effort and assist in the resolution of any technical issues that may arise.
- Accountable for the completion of any acceptance testing required in contract.
- Engage with customer in identification of requirements for change of scope.
- Plan and execute project hand-off to customer support
- Participate in Project planning and resource workload updates on regular basis in order to help maintain project on time delivery within the approved budget.
- Highlight any foreseen project risks and maintain risk session regularly along with PM.
- Control resource load and booking under the projects and help to avoid any conflicts between projects by assessing the priority along with PMs
- Provide weekly updates on projects technical progress to the PM and responsible to provide on time reports to customer as per project requirements.
- Maintain the update of Gate reviews of the project along with PM.
- Maintaining the quality of Project documentation, approvals and revision tracking.
- Assisting in monitoring the project communication along with PM.
- Assessing the project technical team and provide the needed guidance and coaching.
- Help to maintain customer satisfaction by attending the issues and project milestones and hold a coordination meeting with customer and reach out customer key persons to follow up in coordination with team members and under the oversight of the PM.
- Following up the purchasing of the project materials closely with the local procurement team
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- At least 8 additional years of experience in an engineering business
- At least 5 years of experience in a project role
- Must have knowledge on e-terra or power-on suite products
Knowledge & Experience:
- Advanced knowledge and experiences in implementation, deployment, administration, troubleshooting of real time system (EMS/DMS/SCADA)
- Understanding of highly complex hardware and software configurations in a real-time environment.
- Knowledgeable of EMS/DMS/SCADA specific applications
- Knowledge of electrical network management
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and be self-directed in workload prioritization.
- Strong interpersonal skills required for team and customer interaction.
- Capable of conveying very technical information, in written and oral form, to both technical and non-technical recipients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfortable presenting technical design, technical solutions and enterprise architecture solutions to clients/customers in English
- Able to attend work on daily basis in a regular and timely manner.
- Dependable and self-motivated.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.