Job description / Role
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects for Hospital Information Systems to deliver high quality outcomes to internal and external customers. Partners with functional product owner to define features backlog and requirements, works with technical team internal and external to the initiative to ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Makes sure project management practices are followed and improved as
In this role, as HIS technical expert you will:
- Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership in defining features and specifying requirements.
- Drive technology discussion and strategy in line with business needs and company reference architecture
- Collaborate with PMs in setting execution plan and approach based on project scope, expected timeline and available budget/resources
- Facilitate convergence of functional and technical
- Work with globally located technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
- Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
- Integral part of execution team for resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
- Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
- Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting
- Ensure quality of deliverables is verified and matching stakeholder expectations
- Track project outcomes realization and customer satisfaction levels through established metrics against service level. Ensure lessons learned are collected
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science, or Engineering or 4 years of IT technical experience
- Minimum 5 years of IT professional experience
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Hospital Information Systems Implementation
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Software Development Project Management
- Strong team player - collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
- Experience working with others on a global basis
- Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
- Demonstrated customer focus - evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
- Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills -communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
- Change oriented - actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
- PMP, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
Locations: Saudi Arabia; Riyadh
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.