Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
e successful candidate should have significant experience in the permitting process, dealing with authorities
(including Amanah, ADA, Civil Defence, S.E.C, N.W.C, M.O.T, GACA etc.) and be able to add significant value through being able to facilitate necessary planning and design approvals to progress the development.
Key responsibilities include:
• Assist in developing a Statutory Authority and Approvals strategy.
• Ensure authority approval requirements are known and planned;
• Execute, monitor and update the Authority Approvals / Permits register and work with regulatory authorities
to ensure that the required approvals are in place in a timely manner;
• Develop relationships and hold regular meetings with key permit users to the project to ensure all necessary
permits for delivery of construction works are in place;
• Support the Project Managers, Design Consultants and Contractors to resolve Authority approval and permit
interface issues as necessary;
• Together with the wider project team develop systems to ensure that permits are current and valid for the
construction activity being undertaken.
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited University
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience
• Experience in working with construction and/or engineering companies
• The successful candidate preferably should be an Arabic speaker with fluent spoken and written English.
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).