Job description / Role
Aramco energizes the world economy.
Aramco occupies a unique position in the global energy industry. We are the world's largest producer of hydrocarbons (oil and gas), with the lowest upstream carbon intensity of any major producer.
With our significant investment in technology and infrastructure, we strive to maximize the value of the energy we produce for the world along with a commitment to enhance Aramco's value to society.
Headquartered in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and with offices around the world, we combine market discipline with a generations' spanning view of the future, born of our nine decades experience as responsible stewards of the Kingdom's vast hydrocarbon resources. This responsibility has driven us to deliver significant societal and economic benefits to not just the Kingdom, but also to a vast number of communities, economies, and countries that rely on the vital and reliable energy that we supply.
We are one of the most profitable companies in the world, as well as amongst the top five global companies by market capitalization.
Formation Damage and Stimulation unit (FD&SU) support production, drilling and workover operations in the area of formation damage and stimulation. Subject matter experts (SME's) oversee aspects of the services provided to Saudi Aramco related to unit specialties. The position shall provide technical support and laboratory services to reservoir management, production, and drilling and workover departments. The job is a full-time employee position reporting to FD&SU unit supervisor which part is part of the EXPEC ARC Advanced Technical Services Division.
The candidate shall Initiate, lead, provide technical support, laboratory services and conduct applied research on filter cake removal, matrix acidizing, acid/hydraulic fracturing, water shut-off, scale inhibition or other areas in the field of formation damage and reservoir stimulation.
• Design/review programs for acidizing of carbonate/sandstone formations, acid/hydraulic fracturing of tight, unconventional and heavy oil reservoirs, wellbore cleanout and filter cake removal treatments
• Active engagement and technical support to lab technicians in their daily activities
• Provide technical consultation and support for simulation jobs
• Design laboratory techniques and procedures required to execute a project in the area of formation damage and stimulation
• Lead QA/QC testing programs and flow back analysis for field work
• Conduct applied research in the area of formation damage and stimulation
• Publish work in reference journals, conference papers and patents
• Active participation in industry professional groups (SPE, API, etc.)
• Develop and lead advanced studies on formation damage and reservoir stimulation
• Train and mentor young engineers and lab technicians
• B.S. Degree in Petroleum or Chemical Engineering or in Chemistry Science
• Advanced degree e.g. MSc or PhD in technical disciplines is preferred
• 12 years industry experience focused on formation damage/stimulation discipline
• Expert level knowledge of lab testing and research, engineering design, wellsite execution, and post job evaluation
• Experienced in a broad variety of well productivity enhancement technologies and field support
Our high-performing employees are drawn by the challenging and rewarding professional, technical and industrial opportunities we offer, and are remunerated accordingly.
At Aramco, our people work on truly world-scale projects, supported by investment in capital and technology that is second to none. And because, as a global energy company, we are faced with addressing some of the world's biggest technical, logistical and environmental challenges, we invest heavily in talent development.
We have a proud history of educating and training our workforce over many decades. Employees at all levels are encouraged to improve their sector-specific knowledge and competencies through our workforce development programs - one of the largest in the world.
About the Company
Saudi Aramco is an integrated global energy enterprise. The company markets and exports crude oil, petroleum products, natural gas liquids and sulfur. It also ships crude oil worldwide through an affiliated company and participates in petroleum refining and marketing activities at home and abroad. Its overseas affiliates are in the United States, Egypt, the Philippines, the Republic of Korea and Japan.
Saudi Aramco's subsidiaries span the globe, with offices in Houston, Washington, New York, London, Leiden, Dubai, Singapore, Beijing, Hong Kong, Tokyo and Seoul.