Job description / Role
Your Role and Responsibilities
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. In Africa, we've been changing the way the continent does business for more than 50 years, and as our company continues to grow, we're looking for talented professionals to join us in this new era.
Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers and make an impact.
The Storage Brand Sales will provide subject matter expertise on the IBM Storage Software/Hardware solutions portfolio to a broad spectrum of clients and partner. This role will be responsible for proactively reaching out to clients and their partners to understand the data protection needs of their clients, providing solution approaches to meet those needs, and teaming with the local technical sellers to gain customer concurrence for sponsorship of a solution purchase. During this sales cycle you will be responsible for delivering presentations, negotiating deals, and providing high level TCO/ROI engagements. You will also provide leadership by working the extended IBM Systems team and partnering with other sales leaders on key account strategies and competitive positioning, teaming with field enablement teams and the technical community as a whole.
The solutions that you would be positioning and supporting are in the IBM Systems Storage solutions portfolio.
Candidates should have demonstrated confidence in positioning storage infrastructure solutions including but not limited to storage area networks, disk subsystems, various tape technologies and software related technologies such as data replication, archiving, deduplication and storage virtualization.
Key activities and responsibilities include:
- Articulating the business value of IBM systems solutions and products to senior managers and technical decision makers.
- Positioning our solutions in competitive scenarios.
- Identifying, developing and closing opportunities in the territory, whether sourced by IBM sellers or resulting from a direct customer engagement.
- Working within a matrix environment with IBM client teams and business partners to span the entire trajectory from opportunity identification to deal closing.
- Building, managing and progressing a pipeline to achieve sales objectives.
- Maintaining an accurate forecast and an up-to-date status of deals in progress.
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Must have 10+ more years of Storage sales experience and show a solid track record of quota attainment.
- Must have a track record of new account acquisition, as well as management of existing accounts.
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to network across a broad team.
- Must be comfortable in both a technical dialogue (understanding the customer's IT infrastructure and technical objectives) as well as a business dialogue (explaining the TCO reductions or ROI benefits of our solutions).
- Familiarity with Spectrum Software Portfolio environments is a strong plus (Protect, VSC, SVC, RTC, TPC).
- Must have strong familiarity with one or more vertical markets.
About Business Unit
IBM Systems helps IT leaders think differently about their infrastructure. IBM servers and storage are no longer inanimate - they can understand, reason, and learn so our clients can innovate while avoiding IT issues. Our systems power the world's most important industries and our clients are the architects of the future. Join us to help build our leading-edge technology portfolio is designed for cognitive business and optimized for cloud computing.
Your Life at IBM
Being You at IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: None Commissionable: Yes
Key Job Details
- Country: SA
- State: AR RIYAD
- City: RIYADH
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: RIYADH, AR RIYAD SA
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Canar Office Systems
|Saudi Arabia||5 Feb|
Sales Manager - Corporate
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Regional Sales Manager
Green Gulf Careers
National Sales Manager
|Saudi Arabia||27 Mar|