Job description / Role
• Assist the Warehouse Manager in planning, management and allocation of resources to provide effective inventory services and logistics to the Engineering & Maintenance Department of the Riyadh Metro;
• Supervise and give guidance to Lead Storekeeper on all aspects of inventory administration;
• Supervise material handling, sorting, shelving and accurate bins locations of spares according to predetermined sequence with accurate markings and identifying information
• Maintain accurate inventory count and perform inventory stock take on predetermined frequency and prepare report extracted from MMS to Stores
• Assist the Stores Manager to carry out effective control in storage of transactions and issuing of materials for all sections of maintenance department to ensure the adequate supply of spare parts;
• Supervise distribution of materials, tools and consumables to fill in Engineering and Maintenance requirement;
• Proactively, prepares replenishment report for stock items and submits to various sub-system end users for re-orders of spares, tools and consumables;
• Maintain accurate maintenance spares, consumables and tools inventory and
• inventory records using a computerized Maintenance Management System;
• Liaise with Purchasing Department in requisitions, in receiving, verification of accuracy of purchased materials and technical acceptance by end users.
• Perform and carry out duties as instructed/directed by the Warehouse Manager
• Higher diploma in a relevant engineering discipline or equivalent;
• Knowledge with ERP (enterprise resource planning) and PC literacy skills are essential.
• Ability to prepare procurement reporting with an analytical approach wold be highly desirable;
• Able to write routing business correspondence, prepare inventory list and stock take periodically;
• Highly motivated and flexibility to work in a time-sensitive environment to respond quickly and effectively to an unanticipated high workloads, events and emergencies;
• Ability to think laterally and analyse and assess a range of information;
• Ability to multi-task and analyse situations promptly and without bias to determine the proper course of action or alternatives without jeopardising human safety, quality and the committed performance targets;
• Thorough understanding of all aspects of safety issues related to railway operations;
• Hold a valid KSA driving license is desirable;
• Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience, preferably in the rail, transport, auto, heavy engineering or similar industries;
• Minimum with 1 year of supervisory and management experience with the ability to manage rail systems specific spare parts and consumables inventory;
• Proven experience and ability of organising and maintaining contract and project documentation;
• A sound professional contractual and purchasing background and experience in preparing tender contracts, procedures, technical specifications, safety and quality plan as required;
• Ability to negotiate maturely and confidently with contractors and customers.
About the Company
The First Gulf Company For Supplies & Contracting LTD (FGC) was established in 2001. The company has diversified into many industries such as Electronics, General Contracting and Trading. Over the past years, the company has built a good reputation supported by highly qualified professionals.
The Company was formed to create its business with a commitment to quality in order to provide the ideal solutions for each project. The staff of well qualified and trained engineers and technicians come together to produce significant and high quality engineering work.
Today, FGC dominates the broadcast Systems Integration business in Saudi Arabia, and rapidly growing in its other business of General Contracting and Telecom Value Added Services (VAS)