Job description / Role
Strategic and Business Development Director (Ports) - Jazan
Since 1976, Parsons has served the Royal Commission for Yanbu and recently, Jazan as the program management, master planning, design, engineering and construction management consultant for the Yanbu Industrial City and Jazan Economic City. The Yanbu Industrial City is the longest running contract in Parsons' history and reflects the strong client/consultant partnership that has evolved through the years. Our responsibilities are similar to those of a Public Works Department of municipalities. We assist in long-range strategic and master planning, project initiation, the hiring and management of design consultants, tendering for construction and oversight of all construction projects. These projects range through the full spectrum of infrastructure and facilities that would be expected in a city of 80,000+ population - roads and utilities, residences, schools, health care facilities, police and fire stations, colleges, public buildings, sports facilities and retail centers.
The Strategy and Business Development Director directs the strategy and business development activities of the Royal Commission organization for the JCPDI (Jazan City for Primary and Downstream Industries) Port and drives the new sales business for the Royal Commission and playing a key role in the development of JCPDI Port.
Major Activities Performed:
• The Strategy and Business Development Director is responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities. The Strategy and Business Development Director should provide market feedback to the Royal Commission management regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate business development ideas.
• Take ownership of the management of the marketing functions of the business and drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Royal Commission`s ambitious growth for the JCPDI.
• The Strategy and Business Development Director is responsible for Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
The day-to-day duties typically include:
• Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets.
• Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
• Contacting potential investors and other business opportunities to establish rapport and set up meetings.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
When it comes to the challenge of actually selling, other typical duties include:
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays.
• Contacting investors to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
• Negotiating and close business agreement with potential investors.
• Developing business and strategy goals for the development of JCPDI port and plan for implementation of goals.
• To keep healthy relationships with investors, this mostly requires socialisation. So, from simple chats on the phone to lunches and events or conferences business development managers must be sure to keep their customers happy. Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work. Business development professionals are also obligated to write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.
The Strategy and Business Development Director may also perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
• Reports to the Chief Operating Officer for JCPDI Port and liaise with the director generals for Strategic Planning & Investment Development Division and other divisions and departments with the Royal Commission organization.
• A recognized University Degree/ Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of international development, economics and business.
• Must have a combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities equivalent to ten years work in the area of strategic planning, business development and port development.
• Must have five or more years of management & leadership, managing multiple employees.
• Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions.
• Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment.
• Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business.
• Proven track record of increasing revenue through the generation of leads.
• Familiar with applicable laws, codes and permit requirements that govern the marine industries.
• Must possess excellent customer service skills and the ability to act as an ambassador to the community.
• Must possess the ability to speak and present information to a group both in a public or internal setting.
• Skilled in analyzing a situation, assessing alternative solutions and recommending an effective course of action.
• Proficient use of computer programs including Microsoft products (Word, Excel, & Outlook).
• Ability to hear, speak and understand English.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.