Job description / Role
Strategic Planning Specialist (Senior Planner / Scheduler) - Cost Control
Ready to put your project engineer expertise to work on marquee infrastructure projects that will change the fabric of our community? Would you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of engineering tasks on large scale, complex projects? Parsons is now hiring a Strategic Planning Specialist (Senior Planner / Scheduler) - Cost Control for our rapidly expanding transportation project.
Parsons extensive experience in this field combined with your advanced project and engineering knowledge, will propel your career forward with opportunity to lead teams. We need our Project Control Specialists at this level to be fully qualified professionals with solid experience, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, teamoriented environment and who have exceptional communication, analytical and leadership skills. In this role you will develop, implement, and maintain cost control, and/or provide planning/scheduling function on one or more larger projects. You will be utilizing your technical expertise, an d familiarity with company policies and procedures to complete complicated tasks independently.
• Reporting to Senior CM, would be responsible for planning. Scheduling, progress forecasting and project coordination.
• Performs a major role reporting contractual responsibilities of RC Contractors planning, scheduling and progress performance.
• Monitors, advises and Project Department managing in planning, scheduling and reporting matters collecting, evaluating and forecasting data as requested.
• Develops and monitors project schedules, depicts the sequence of events, dependencies, and interfaces with other projects to clearly illustrate the strategy of the program to meet the requirements of the Projects Department Responsibility Assignment Matrix (RAM).
• Develops major milestone activities from the project schedules or Projects Department RAM to monitor the operation of the work and the inter-relationship with milestones for design, engineering, and procurement.
• Develops and monitors pre-award schedules and assists in "RFP" review and bid evaluations as required.
• Coordinates major milestone activities and established "major contract events" for incorporation in the RFP special conditions and pre-award reports.
• Reviews. analyzes and recommends approval or disapproval disposition of contractors detailed schedules, including manpower loading.
• Summarizes approved detailed contractor schedules for incorporation in the Projects Department RAM, utilizing established procedures.
• Analyzes inputs and identifies areas where requirements are not being met, bringing any scheduling problems to the attention of Project Section Manager with proposed solutions. Identifies potential contract changes and develops appropriate logic schedules. Deliver timely, accurate and sensitive project controls report to facilitate a clear understanding of the performance of the project in relation to planned performance targets.
• Develops trends and forecasts design contract progress, relative to major milestone activities, and provides input to Monthly/Quarterly Progress Reports.
• Utilizing information from the Projects Department RAM and contractor submittals prepares to schedule presentation materials as required by the Project Section Manager.
• Reviews and assists in resolving and processing claims, back charges, invoices.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Project Controls Section Manager/Supervisor.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Construction Management from recognized western university with a minimum of 10 years of experience in the projects-oriented environment.
• Experience with planning and scheduling of project activities particularly using computer-based scheduling software such as Primavera P6 (Oracle's Project Management Application), Microsoft Project or similar programs is required.
• Expert knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office products including Access, Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
• Excellent command of oral and written English.
• Demonstrated ability to function effectively in a team environment with colleagues and subordinates of multiple ethnicity and cultural backgrounds.
• Experience of working in foreign countries, especially in the Middle East is an important criterion.
• Experience Design & Construction of large-scale Building Projects including high-rise.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.