Job description / Role
Strategy Consulting Opportunities (various levels) - EY Parthenon MENA
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Strategy Consultant within EY Parthenon, you will help make that happen. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today’s complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY Parthenon has an ideal balance of strengths – deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships and proven processes along with a progressive spirit. This makes EY Parthenon the global advisor of choice for business leaders.
The team is seeing significant growth in the coming months and years, therefore we are looking for seasoned professionals to join us at various levels from Senior up to Senior Manager. You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your Key Responsibilities
You will lead work streams and engagements, translate client needs into project tasks and deliverables. You will work closely with the clients to define the objective and scope of the engagements and deliverables in consultation with the Engagement Partner. EY-Parthenon consultants typically work directly with the C-Suite on their strategic and transaction decisions.
The range of assignments includes developing long-term strategies for organizations, evaluating the potential acquisition of businesses, improving educational achievement outcomes, developing new marketing channel strategies, reducing operating costs, and evaluating new business ventures. EY Parthenon focuses on helping clients in their strategic decisions such as portfolio and growth strategies for the regional family businesses, inbound entry/expansion decisions for global corporate clients, commercial/business due diligence for private equity and sovereign wealth funds and inbound corporate clients, evaluation of greenfield investment, partnership/JV/franchising, divestment and other such strategic decisions, as well as privatization and corporatization decisions for governments.
Skills and Attributes for Success
• Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
• Review transaction rationale and/or deal documents to identify critical business issues and risks relating to a proposed transaction.
• Develop, manage and motivate junior team members with diverse skills and backgrounds.
To qualify for the role you must have:
• At a minimum, a bachelor's degree with outstanding academic performance, and anywhere between 3 to 8 years of related work experience.
• Experience managing business growth strategy projects in complex environments.
• Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
• Proficiency in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
• Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
• Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%)
Ideally, you’ll also have:
• MBA from one of the top international business schools
• Prior experience with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services or similar environment.
• Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
• Arabic language skills (not mandatory but useful)
What we look for:
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients’ goals.
What working at EY Parthenon offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
• Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession;
• Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
About EY Parthenon
EY-Parthenon is a strategy consultancy, committed to bringing unconventional yet pragmatic thinking together with our clients’ smarts to deliver actionable strategies for real impact in today’s complex business landscape. We create a custom approach tailored to each client’s unique situation and bring extensive business experience with proven analytical techniques that lead to high-impact and actionable insights.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please apply online.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Our 167,000 people are united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
EY is committed to doing its part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.