Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As an Executive within EY Parthenon, you will help make that happen. EY Parthenon is a leading advisory organization focused on strategy consulting. We are committed to combining our unconventional thinking with our clients' smarts to deliver actionable strategies.
In today's complex business landscape, creativity has become a necessary ingredient for sustained success. EY Parthenon has an ideal balance of strengths - deep and concentrated skills with broad executional capabilities, intimate client relationships and proven processes along with a progressive spirit. This makes EY Parthenon the global advisor of choice for business leaders.
We are looking for a seasoned professional to join our growing team in Riyadh at Executive level (Senior rank). You will have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning.
Your key responsibilities
You will participate in work streams and engagements, translate client needs into project tasks and deliverables. You will work closely with the clients to define the objective and scope of the engagements and deliverables in consultation with the Engagement Manager.
The range of assignments includes developing long-term strategies for organizations, evaluating the potential acquisition of businesses, improving educational achievement outcomes, developing new marketing channel strategies, reducing operating costs, and evaluating new business ventures. EY-Parthenon focuses on helping clients in their strategic decisions such as portfolio and growth strategies for the regional family businesses, inbound entry/expansion decisions for global corporate clients, commercial/business due diligence for private equity and sovereign wealth funds and inbound corporate clients, evaluation of greenfield investment, partnership/JV/franchising, divestment and other such strategic decisions, as well as privatization and corporatization decisions for governments. EY-Parthenon consultants typically work directly with the C-Suite on their strategic and transaction decisions.
Skills and attributes for success
- Develop business strategies using tools such as market analysis, customer research, macroeconomic forecasting, and portfolio optimization.
- Review transaction rationale and/or deal documents to identify critical business issues and risks relating to a proposed transaction.
- Motivate and counsel junior team members with diverse skills and backgrounds.
To qualify for the role you must have
- At a minimum, a bachelor's degree with outstanding academic performance, and at least 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Experience managing business strategy and M&A strategic diligence projects in complex environments.
- Ability to make detailed assessments of industry, products, markets, competitors and customers to identify risks and opportunities.
- Proficient in the English language, including the ability to listen, understand, read and communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, in a professional environment.
- Effective organization and time management skills with ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary (approximately 25-50%)
Ideally, you'll also have
- MBA from one of the leading business schools
- Prior experience with a particular focus on client advisory or strategic planning within a professional services or similar environment.
- Excellent problem solving, project management, facilitation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who have a strong aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis and the ability to link business strategy to performance. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our clients' goals.
What working at EY-Parthenon offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging leaders in the profession;
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career;
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY-Parthenon is a strategy consultancy, committed to bringing unconventional yet pragmatic thinking together with our clients' smarts to deliver actionable strategies for real impact in today's complex business landscape. We create a custom approach tailored to each client's unique situation and bring extensive business experience with proven analytical techniques that lead to high-impact and actionable insights.
Our commitment to building a better working world starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region