Job description / Role
PSAB: Strength and Conditioning Specialist (Secret Clearance)
Title: PSAB: Fitness Coordinator / Strength and Conditioning Specialist
- Location: Al Kharj Saudi Arabia
- Citizenship Required: United States Citizenship
- Clearance Type: Active Secret Clearance Required
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR's areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that's only the beginning.
The Prince Sultan Air Base (PSAB) Fitness Coordinator / Strength and Conditioning Specialist qualified and personnel appropriately certified to teach aerobics classes to include step-aerobics, Pilates/abs, weight/strength, cardiovascular, Cross-Fit and circuit training. A minimum of 15 aerobics/strength training classes shall be physically taught each week by certified aerobics and spin instructors (preferably with several certifications, e.g., step, aerobics, etc.).
The aforementioned services are in support of BASE OPERATING SUPPORT-INSTALLATION (BOS-I) services to the 378 Air Expeditionary Wing (AEW), mission partners, and tenant units, including transient, temporary duty (TDY), permanent party, and rotational personnel as well as five (5) remote Army sites at PSAB, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA).
- Schedule classes in order to maximize participation from the base populace.
- Implement and maintain an integrated fitness and sports program.
- Program and conduct intramural league for core sports such as softball, basketball, volleyball, and soccer.
Material & Equipment Directly Used:
- May be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions that require wear of hard hats, gloves, steel toed boots, hearing protection, safety glasses and other personal protection equipment (PPE); may be required to push, pull and lift heavy equipment.
- Use of Land Mobile Radios, cell phones, laptop, and other devices to maintain contact and accountability of work activities.
- Work will be indoors and outdoors.
- Exposure to heat, cold, dust, noise, chemicals may occur.
- Overtime and shift work may be required depending on contractual needs as well as occasional to frequent travel.
- Employee must comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Task specific work environment training maybe provided.
- Must be prepared to function in a wartime or contingency environment to support U.S. interests.
- Physical requirements include lifting up to 35lb, team lifting up to 50lbs, climbing, extended sitting, or standing, stooping, stretching, and bending.
- Work may require using and wearing personal protective equipment such as, hearing and eye protection, hard hat and steel-toed boots as well as Individual Protective Equipment (IPE) which may include but not limited to Level III plus/IV Individual Body Armor with both front and back ballistic plates, ACH helmet, clothing (undergarments, shirts and pants and/or coveralls), reflective vests/belts, sound suppression devices, etc.
- Day-to-day physical requirements may involve standard office activities including sitting/standing for extended periods of time, attending meetings, use of keyboard and mouse repetitively, lifting and carrying less than 20 lbs. frequently, etc.
- Work requires moderate physical exertion including walking to operating areas and walking up stairs
- Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Undergraduate degree in Exercise Science or Kinesiology
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a current U. S. Driver's License.
- Must possess passport book (not passport card) with at least 13 months of remaining validity AND 6 blank visa/stamp pages remaining
- Must have and maintain a valid U. S. SECRET Security Clearance or ability to obtain a secret clearance before deploying.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Candidate must also meet CENTCOM MOD-15 theater requirements.
- Two years' experience in personal fitness training.
- Project management, pro-active, well organized, results-oriented, and team player with decision-making ability.
- Able and willing to work periods of long hours to meet mission requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with documented supervisory experience.
- Experience in contingency environments as well as knowledge & experience working with government contracts.
About the Company
We deliver science, technology and engineering solutions to governments and companies around the world. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people performing diverse, complex and mission critical roles in 34 countries.
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long-term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.