Job description / Role
Duties & Responsibilities
- The successful candidate will provide the following general engineering consultations focusing on civil engineering issues.
- You shall provide technical support to Company projects and operations, and occasionally to joint venture operations.
- Be part of standard committees related to your field of expertise.
- Write company standards, procedures, and best practices in your area of expertise. Serve on international standards writing bodies as the opportunity allows.
- Provide consultation and review of capital project engineering design packages. Attend project review meetings in or out of the Kingdom, as needed.
- Develop new technologies and apply these new technologies to operations. Apply for patents when appropriate.
- Participate in providing training courses to developing engineers.
- Mentor young engineers and publish technical papers.
- Lead or be a team member in special teams and task forces, such as; incident investigation teams, value engineering teams, organizational improvement teams, etc.
As the successful candidate you will hold a bachelor degree in civil engineering from a recognized and approved program. An advanced degree is preferred.
You will have a minimum of 15 years of extensive experience in detailed structural design, fabrication, and installation.
Additional experience required:
You must have an in-depth knowledge of the analysis and design of offshore structures. Have the ability to reflect them in engineering projects from conceptual to detailed engineering stages. This includes:
- In-place, load out, transportation, installation, fatigue, floatation and upending analyses and assessment.
- Hydrodynamic forces on jackets and floating structures.
- Ultimate strength analysis using LRFD codes, reserve strength analysis, and push-over analysis.
You will be able to demonstrate familiarity with hands-on design software in the structural engineering discipline, with versatility in the use of structural design, such as:
- SACS, UFSOS, STADD Pro.
You must be familiar with related international codes and standards, such as:
- API, DNV, ISO, BS, ASTM and other international codes/guidelines.
Professional Engineer (P.E.) license (structural) or equivalent is a requirement.
You must have published several technical papers in well-known conferences, technical magazines, and journals.
Able to work in multidisciplinary, multicultural groups, and independently.
It is preferred that at least 50% of your work experience was with projects in the oil and gas industry.
You must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and be willing to transfer implicit knowledge to specialists and engineers.
About the Company
Orion Engineering was established in 1987 to supply Engineering personnel to the Oil and Gas Industry. Since then the company has grown significantly and presently has in excess of 4000+ personnel on secondment worldwide.
Our blue chip client list includes major oil companies such as Shell, BP, Chevron Texaco and Exxon Mobil and major engineering contractors and suppliers such as Technip, Wood Group. Talisman and Wormald Tyco.
The division has offices at various strategic locations throughout the world including London, Houston, Aberdeen, Lagos, Doha, Singapore and 5 offices throughout Kazakhstan.