Job description / Role
Provides structural engineering services and support to the program within a multi-discipline engineering and construction management environment. Particular emphasis, promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs such as: infrastructure, transportation, waterfront, industrial, institutional, commercial, residential and educational type projects.
Major Activities Performed
• Perform structural engineering work to meet the Royal Commission’s development program.
• Coordinate structural design engineering activities with those of other disciplines and the project engineering and management teams.
• Provide technical advice to other Engineering Department Sections and Units and to other Departments.
• Prepare technical specifications and scope of work descriptions.
• Prepare design concepts.
• Provide value engineering.
• Provide technical assistance during construction contract bidding, proposal evaluations, negotiation, and post-award construction administration services.
• Review the engineering and documents prepared by the Royal Commission’s A/E consultants, including, but not limited to their design, drawings, and specifications.
• Review construction contractor field erection plans, shop fabrications drawings, and product (material) data sheets.
• Perform field inspections and provide field support and troubleshooting during the construction process.
• Set out detailed terms for special (investigative) studies and geotechnical investigative works and reports.
• Review and adapt geotechnical investigation work and reports vis-à-vis their correct interpretation and usage as the foundation design basis.
• Set out detailed Quality Control and Assurance (QC/QA) terms and conditions.
• Prepare quality and safety presentations.
Experience and Qualifications
• A recognized Degree in Civil Engineering from recognized western university with ten (10) years minimum post-graduate professional experience. A post-graduate degree in Structural Engineering is desirable.
• Registration as a Professional/Chartered Engineer is required.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Experience in design and construction related to large scale community development projects which included housing of reinforced concrete and precast concrete construction, power plant. Sewage treatment plant, desalination plant, schools and recreational facilities.
• Must be fully conversant with Uniform Building Code and Standards (UBC), American Concrete Institute (ACI) Codes and Steel Construction Manual of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC).
• Must have sound overall experience in designing reinforced concrete (cast-in-place and precast construction), structural steel and masonry structures.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.