Job description / Role
Develop, negotiate, implement and maintain competitively advantageous sourcing strategies, engineering and construction contract services arrangement to enable world class execution for the construction of industrial gas plants. The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction area, with experience in managing engineering and construction contracts. The incumbent must possess outstanding leadership and influencing skills, along with strong business acumen, and excellent organization and time management skills.
• Embody the 4S culture of Safety, Speed, Simplicity and Self-Confidence
• Work with Global Product teams (engineering, technology, commercial Product Management), supported business and functional organization to achieve goals.
• Develop strategies and lead the commercial contracting negotiations for hiring PMC companies, commissioning companies, engineering & construction subcontract categories aligning to project requirements.
• Identify and qualify new engineering firms & construction contractors meeting Air Products requirements
• Develop base intelligence strategies to ensure Air Products benefits from latest supply offering
• Bring innovative solutions to maximize value proposition for products and bid opportunities.
• Effectively utilize e-Sourcing tools (Ariba / Qlickview) to launch inquiries and receive contractor quotations/proposals.
• Develop efficient bid tabulations and lead sourcing reviews with cross functional teams.
• Develop and negotiate frame work engineering agreements to support Air Products competitive offering.
• Monitor, communicate, and respond to changing market conditions and business drivers to maximize leverage and minimize risk.
• Lead cross-functional teams involved in supplier discovery.
• Identify, develop and manage contractors; understand safety, commercial and capacity risks.
• Manage contractor relationships and maintain interface at senior level within contractors’ organizations.
• Act as an escalation point for contractor interface for project execution issues when relevant
• Effectively participate in Continuous Improvement activities.
• Strong influencing, communication and facilitative skills, including cross cultures and geographies,
• Ability to bring teams together to achieve targets and goals
• Ability to work cross functionally within Air Products
• Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (written and verbal) technical and non-technical information, internally and externally.
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent negotiation and contracting skills.
• Strong understanding of macro-economic factors
• Financial and Business acumen
• Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent knowledge and proficiency with the Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, One Note) and collaborative tools.
• Good Knowledge of SAP and requisition to pay processes
About the Company
Air Products touches the lives of consumers around the globe in positive ways every day. With approximately 16,000 employees and operations in 50 countries, we serve customers across a wide range of industries, including refining, chemical, metals, electronics, manufacturing, and food and beverage. We supply a unique portfolio of atmospheric and process gases, equipment and services.
Founded in 1940, Air Products has built a reputation for its innovative culture, operational excellence and commitment to safety and the environment. Our passionate, talented and committed employees from diverse backgrounds are driven by Air Products’ higher purpose to create innovative solutions that benefit the environment, enhance sustainability and address the challenges facing customers, communities and the world.