Job description / Role
Supervising Design Engineer - Structural Works - Remote Location - Saudi Arabia
• The Principal Supervising Engineer - Structural - is responsible for the effective control of the Structural Engineering Unit.
• Providing professional engineering discipline support to the program projects with emphasis on promoting and maintaining the technical adequacy, uniformity, and quality of the project designs in conformance with approved standards and codes.
• A Degree in Civil/ Structural Engineering from a Western recognized university with a minimum of 15 years postgraduate professional experience, a minimum of 10 years of Structural design experience for infrastructure, building, power plants, desalination and cooling plants.
• A minimum of 8 years' experience as a discipline team lead or supervisor.
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East and knowledge of Saudi regulations will be considered an advantage.
• Registration in Country of Origin in an Engineering Professional Association equivalent to US PE or UK Chartered Engineer status is essential.
• The ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English is essential.
• Experience in design and construction related to large scale community development projects which included housing of reinforced concrete and precast concrete construction, power plant. Sewage treatment plant, desalination plant, schools and recreational facilities.
• Must be fully conversant with Uniform Building Code and Standards (UBC), American Concrete Institute (ACI) Codes and Steel Construction Manual of American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC).
• Must have sound overall experience in designing reinforced concrete (cast-in -place and precast construction), structural steel and masonry structures.
• Working experience of managing a design team working with AutoCAD Revit and knowledge of working in a BIM Environment (strong BIM Experience would be an advantage).
About the Company
At NSR we pride ourselves on market knowledge, integrity, loyalty and professionalism. Through personal relationships and knowledge of what our clients look for in specific requirements we like to pride ourselves on matching people to the right role.
The partners at NSR have always dealt with people in an open and honest manner and as a company we are driven to find the right opportunity for people enhancing their career where ever this may be worldwide.
We work on the principal that every person we deal with is a potential client, this process has proved beneficial for us as there are many people we have dealt with on the International circuit that have approached NSR Associates to recruit for them as a client after we have worked on their behalf as a candidate.