Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
Responsible for the overall management of the MSC Finance Department, entailing the formulation and implementation of financial policy consistent with MSA and adjunctive procedures and directives.
Major Activities Performed:
• Directs traditional accounting, treasury, payroll, billing, and budgeting activities under the Management Services Agreement (MSA).
• Assumes responsibility for the implementation and administration of financial directives and controls.
• Assimilates the content of the MSA, integrates it with SAPL employment agreements and operating policies.
• Formulates financial policy, incorporating the observance of generally accepted accounting principles.
• Represents MSC Finance and SAPL in the capacity of a senior financial executive on the project.
• Reviews financial policy with the Royal Commission and coordinates the organization and progress of the MSC Financial audit performed by the Royal Commission.
• Maintains an overview of the departmental sections and integrates their contributions.
• Provides top-level management of departmental staff through the use and standardization of performance evaluation, progress review, and goal setting techniques.
• Offers financial counsel to MSC organizations and to program management.
• Responsible for the administration of employee benefits in accordance with employment agreements and company policies and procedures.
• Administration of the Compensation matters of project personnel.
• Acts as the chief financial spokesman for the project, reporting the results of financial activity to project, corporate, and affiliated company management.
Reports to the MSC Program Director, KSA Finance Director at the project and corporate level and Finance Department of Parsons Corporation at the affiliate company level. Supports the SAPL Corporate office in its consolidation of project finances. Frequently interfaces with client representatives and RC Finance. Meets with the personnel of vendors, banks, and independent audit firms.
• A bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• A minimum of 10 to 12 years of diversified accounting experience of directly related work experience.
• Ability to proficiently perform duties in accordance with the job description.
• Ability to work on MS Excel sheet, accounting and finance software and generate accounting reports.
• Membership of Charted Accountant (CPA) is not required but preferred.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.