Job description / Role
As a manager of the Logistics department, they are responsible of the consistent availability of the products for customers while maintaining optimum stock & operation costs.
The main responsibilities include Sales Forecasting, Procurement/Supply Planning, Customer Service, Warehousing, Distribution, Improvement Projects, Costs Control, Performance Reporting and Information System Maintenance.
Reporting lines; team structure and internal/external key contacts
Logistics Department Management
- Operational management of the team members.
- Monthly performance review through the Balanced Scorecard.
- Logistics budget definition and follow up.
- Define sales forecasts for basic salable items on 12 rolling months.
- Coordinate the definition of the future launch items forecast in collaboration with Commercial, Marketing and Training departments.
- Supervise the preparation of the Monthly Forecasts Accuracy report.
Procurement / Supply Planning
- During the biweekly inventory replenishment through DRP order, ensure the correct placement of orders by examining:
- Current level of stock on hand + in transit,
- Replenishment strategy and its related stock parameters,
- Monthly actual sales,
- Sales forecasts.
- For each initiative, considering the On-Counter Date (OCD) and the retro planning defined by lead times, ensure a correct placement of orders to guarantee the products availability on time and in full.
- Optimize the inbound freight charges by reducing the Air-Land Ratio and by complying with prepack carton/pallet ordering.
- Give support to the Supply Planner in the process of preparing the Days of Inventory (DOI) report and its related action plan.
- Make sure, in partnership with the regional Regulatory Affairs, of the products compliance with the Saudi importation rules as per SFDA regulation.
- Ensure the accurate price update in the system.
- DTC activities are today reshaping the activities of PCD Arabia with the importance taken by our network of boutiques and the shift to e-commerce.
Customer Service and Downstream Supply chain
- Ensure the proper process of orders received from customers and follow up their perfect preparation in the warehouse.
- Monitor the dispatch process of new launch items.
- Provide ad hoc retailers' stock analysis.
- Supervise the preparation of the Launches on Time ratio
Warehouse and Distribution
- Supervise the partnership between PCD Arabia and its service provider regarding the 2 main outsourced services: Warehouse and Distribution.
- Ensure a high-level performance of the service provider in terms of lead-time and quality.
- Conduct monthly KPI review meetings in partnership with the service provider: data analysis, action plan definition and follow up.
- Ensure accurate inventory in the system vs. physical stock available in the warehouse by making sure of a proper preparation process, stock control and cycle counting.
In close collaboration with other departments, be strongly involved in different Improvement Project aiming to further develop the logistics performance at:
- Local Level: PCD Saudi Arabia
- Downstream: Retailers
- Regional: PCD Orient
- Expert Knowledge on logistics issues (DRP, Incoterms, customs regulations, transport, etc.)
- Significant experiences in ERP
- Experiences in DRP processes
- Very Proficient user of the MS Office package especially Excel
- Fluent in English: High level verbal and written communication skills
- Speaking Arabic is highly recommended
- A bachelor or master's degree and a Successful Professional Experience of 6/8 years in management of logistics, supply chain, transport, and/or customer service are highly required; Proven management experience.
- Previous experiences in KSA or the Middle East and/or the Cosmetics / Luxury industry is a strong advantage.
- Business vision (customer focus; drive for results and decision making);
- Personal skills (problem solving; agility adaptability and tolerance to high pressure);
- People Management (conflict management; people development and delegation; leadership).
- Collaborating for Efficiency (Intermediate)
- Communicating Effectively (Intermediate)
- Developing and Managing Self-Awareness (Advanced)
- Drive, Entrepreneurship and Adaptability (Intermediate)
- Technical competencies required for the role
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.