Supply Planner I
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
At Chalhoub, we deliver excellence every day! Working as a supply planner you will manage and lead the validation of demand signals through data analytics. Using historical data, statistical models, and forecast information from Sales, Marketing as well as business knowledge as key inputs to validating demand. You will be directly responsible for ensuring processes are in place to drive forecast accuracy and meet KPIs.
Demand Planning Support
- Review planning and forecasting outputs and communicate KPIs to relevant team members
- Work closely with Demand Planners to understand expected forecasts
- Assist in the development of the Demand Plan where needed; determine what is required in the demand, supply and inventory plans to support business needs
- Support demand team in the mitigation of specific factors (demand drivers, supply constraints) relevant within the category which must be carefully managed in the S&OP process
- Support any action plans involving price adjustments
- Inventory Management & Fulfillment:
- Develop and test different options for stock size, composition and age profile and recommend optimum stock model to support agreed Demand and business plans
- Implement inventory strategies based on cost benefit analysis as defined by the strategic objectives and goals
- Set KPIs that align with multiple stakeholders' objectives for inventory optimization to attain short term and long term goals
- Lead supply planning efforts across functions to optimally fulfill business needs, including leading the S&OP process where required
- Identify supply constraints which are business critical and work with supply partners to try and improve them to enable improved planning, inventory and service levels
- Identify gaps in current supply or Demand plans and propose remedial action
- Leverage order generation algorithms to ensure stock availability
- Monitor supply planning adherence to demand plan
- Communicate to all relevant stakeholders about adherence to agreed inventory levels to ensure maintenance of performance and immediate response to developing issues
- Identify constraints and options on available space and alert the business to impending issues
- Develop suppliers to achieve capability levels required to support our business
- Secure supplier involvement in internal company initiatives where relevant (joint planning and stock management, new product development etc) to give the business a strategic advantage
- Lead the specification and agreement of KPIs and SLAs with key suppliers ensuring legal compliance
- Conduct an assortment of negotiations to accomplish organization objectives
- Create options for contracting, sourcing, relationships or risk improvement, using the category sourcing frameworks
- Assist in the setting of sourcing strategies to develop new and emerging sources of supply
- Validate assumptions and robustness of sourcing strategies
- Assess existing and prospective suppliers' capabilities against evolving business needs and ensure that the business has an adequate and sustainable supply base
- Ensure gaps in current and/or potential capabilities are clearly identified and plans are developed to deal with them
- Partner with Group Logistics and Group Legal to determine the appropriate standard Incoterms approach to use for each type of cargo and address any violations or code of ethics breach
- Manage the transportation of a portfolio of different cargo types including optimising fleets and maintaining a distribution network
- Challenge selected methods of transportation and recommend alternative approaches
- Prepare back-up transportation routes to mitigate any potential risks
- Establish storage strategies and plans; set KPIs to ensure transactions, costs, and health and safety strategy expectations are met
- Optimize stock allocation in warehouses
- Select the appropriate options to maximise efficiency and service levels
- Ensure strategies, resources and business processes are developed and in place to accommodate inventory returns and ensure inventory planning adjustments are made accordingly
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify secondary markets or disposal facilities for unsold goods
Cost Management & Analysis
- Apply cost modelling techniques to internal flow of money and explain implications on revenue to management
- Implement financial analysis methods such as cost volume profit and cost/price models
- Identify, propose and, if required, implement agreed changes of portfolio mix in order to optimise the price/mix ratio
- Assess sources of supply and costs using multitiered supply chain costing approaches and apply them throughout the life of a supply agreement
- Identify and implement, where required, opportunities to reduce cost and/or supply risk
- Assess macro-economic factors impacting the costs of products and follow trends to identify potential issues and opportunities
- Leverage market data to analyse any type of external risk (macro-economic risks, foreign exchange risk) and recommend action plan to mitigate risks
- Design a framework on the acceptable levels of risk for the business in coordination with the business leadership
Supply Chain Planning
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to establish KPIs for network
- Lead complex design and optimization studies and implementation
- Perform basic activities to manage the space at the location using siloed solutions (e.g. Excel, Access, CAD, etc.)
What you'll need to succeed
- Great understanding of each of the major Incoterms
- Understand how international trade works and knowledge of the ICC governing body and its official guidelines and terminologies
- Working experience with space optimisation techniques
- Great understanding of the various techniques of handling inbound and outbound cargoes
- Understanding of multi-tiered supply chain costing models
- Great knowledge of macro-economics factors
- Basic knowledge of network design parameters and counterbalancing metrics
- Comprehensive understanding of network optimization frameworks and software capabilities
- Able to lead top-to-top risk mitigation discussions with key supply partners
- Good understanding of major project management methodology
- Able to lead cross-functional/organizational project teams
- Familiar with the DMAIC (Define-Measure-Analyse-Improve-Control) methodology of Six Sigma and with important problem solving and kaizen (continuous improvement) tools and techniques such as FMEA, fishbone analysis etc.
- Strong understanding of present and up-and-coming technologies to accelerate the value of SCM
- General awareness of procurement systems used within the industry and in-depth knowledge of current organization's system
- General awareness of demand planning systems used within the business
- Experience in warehouse and transportation management systems is a big plus
- 2+ years of experience
- University degree in Business Administration, Economics, Supply Chain or any relevant field
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
Department: SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS
Role: Supply Planner
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.