Job description / Role
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould is one of the world's leading consultancies providing integrated project and programme management services for construction and engineering projects, with a turnover in excess of £200 million.
Faithful+Gould worldwide has access to 2,300 consultants, of whom over 450 are located in the Middle East across six offices. We have successfully delivered commercial advice and management support for over 65 years to clients in Asia Pacific, Europe, Middle East, UK, and North America. We are a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Atkins Group, the design and engineering company.
Active in the Middle East for 18 years, Faithful+Gould combines in-depth knowledge of the region with the ability to draw on our global resource and constructive expertise, to deliver the most challenging of projects. With registered companies in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar, Oman, Saudi Arabia, and Kuwait, this makes us one of the strongest international construction consultancies in the region.
As part of our regional growth plans, we are currently looking to recruit a Sustainability & Environment Manager to join the Project and Programme Delivery Team for Al Ula, KSA commission.
The Sustainability & Environment Programme Manager is a site based position and a member of the Faithful+Gould Sustainability Team, Middle East. The successful candidate will report to the Head of Sustainability and will be responsible for contributing to the review of the strategies, methodologies and deliverables prepared by those organisations appointed to help develop masterplans and designs as well as to oversee the construction of all buildings, public realm and infrastructure for the Dubai Creek Harbour project. The Sustainability & Environment Manager will also carry out audits on those organisations appointed to work on the project to assess the effectiveness of the systems and procedures implemented to deliver the sustainability objectives and targets established for the Dubai Creek Harbour project.
Responsibilities and duties:
- Report directly to the CEO on Sustainability tasks
- Set out quality standards and performance measures for Sustainability
- Review Sustainability and Environment reports / those sections of reports prepared by organisations appointed to work on the project that concern Sustainability and Environmental performance / compliance
- Analyse sustainability and environmental data reported / collated by organisations appointed to work on the project
- Develop process, procedures, standards, and guidelines for sustainability
- Drive the Sustainability objectives of Royal Commission of AlUla (RCU)
- Review the results of modelling intended inform decision making and deliver improvements in sustainability and environmental performance
- Undertaking desk top reviews of relevant topics linked to sustainable design and construction, environmental product declarations, life cycle assessment and carbon footprint accounting / reduction, etc. as directed by / agreed with the Client
- Formulate and communicate recommendations regarding strategies to improve sustainability performance
- Identify / assess risks and concerns associated with environmental and sustainability impacts
- Represent Faithful+Gould in meetings with the Client and external stakeholders including Government officials, private sector clients and other Consultants (internal and external)
- Contribute to workshops / presentations / training events (internal / external)
- Prepare reports for CEO and BOD
- Minimum of 18+ years' experience of major projects - Sustainability, Environment for Urban planning, property and infrastructure experience in the Middle East / GCC would be an advantage
- Experienced in sustainable design and construction, environmental product declarations / product improvement and carbon footprint accounting / reduction
- Track record of delivering training sessions / workshops linked to sustainable design and construction, environmental product declarations and carbon footprint reduction
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written English
- Be able to provide both summarised and detailed reports, on current activities and ability to present directly to the client
- Experience of working within multicultural teams
- IT Literacy with Microsoft Office suite of tools
Rewards & Benefits:
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme
Our commitment to equality, diversity & inclusion
What does equality, diversion and inclusion look like at the SNC-Lavalin Group?
We believe in providing everyone with an equal voice because simply put, it's the right thing to do.
About the Company
SNC Lavalin’s Faithful+Gould business is one of the world’s leading integrated project and programme management consultancies, with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximize our clients’ interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include - Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focused our digital transformation around platform modernization and product development and through standardization and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain only the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting – and then developing – brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It’s precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.