Job description / Role
Swimming Pool Technician
As a swimming pool technician, you would make sure that the water is clean and safe for guests at designated hours. He should service and maintain swimming pools, spas and hot tubs at the resort premises. You would also install and service water cleaning, filtering and purification equipment which is used for maintaining the pools. Additionally maintain the pool area in a clean, orderly fashion while assuring all pool safety rules and regulations are enforced.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What will you be doing:
- Diagnoses, repairs and maintains public swimming pools, water systems, filter systems, pumps, and playground equipment.
- Schedules, assigns, monitors, reviews and evaluates the work of assigned staff.
- Maintain the proper chemical balance for the pool.
- Maintains the pH and Chlorine values for good water quality.
- Maintain the pool and all water features using proper chemicals and cleaners.
- Maintain the pool pumps and filters.
- Maintain the pool area including cleaning of the deck and other maintenance tasks.
- Respond to swimming pool related work orders in a timely, friendly and efficient manner to assess and repair non-functioning machinery or equipment.
- Repairs and maintains electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Transports and stores hazardous chemicals.
- Carrying out scheduled water cleaning, using chemicals like chlorine.
- Regularly testing swimming pool water quality and pH balance.
- Tests the chemical levels in public swimming pools and other water systems and adjusts as needed.
- Maintains manual or automated records of all activities and prepares daily / weekly / monthly reports.
- Picks up trash and cleans public swimming pools, restrooms and facility areas.
- Operates and inspects tools and equipment and makes minor adjustments and repairs.
- Operates vehicles to transport various types of materials and equipment.
- Cleaning and servicing swimming pool filtration units.
- Servicing heating, circulation and de-humidifier systems.
- Fixing lights above and below water level.
- Use swimming pool vacuum cleaners to clean the pool floor.
- Checking and repairing corrosion, cracks and leaks in the pool walls or floors.
- Use a telescopic pole with net to clean and remove any leafs or derbies.
- Making sure equipment like pool covers, diving boards and slides are in good working order
- Logging and reporting equipment faults or water quality problems to your supervisor
Your experience and skills include:
- High School or Diploma holder. Basic Computer skills.
- 1 to 2 Years work experience on similar role or ability to perform scope of work on hospitality environment.
- A firm knowledge of Health and Safety Procedures
Your team and working environment: Banyan Tree will operate and expand the Ashar luxury camp, embracing the region's Arabian heritage to blend in seamlessly with the Ashar Valley's striking natural scenery and stand in the heart of AlUla's planned "living museum" experience. Situated near AlUla's signature mirrored Maraya Concert Venue, the camp recently hosted guests of the annual Winter At Tantora cultural festival, elevating visitors' experiences by connecting them with AlUla'snature, art, and ancestry.
- Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.