Job description / Role
• Provide 24 X 7 support to SAOU in maintaining the up-time of Databases and providing improved response-time for the Bank’s Business Users and customers.
• “SAP certified Technology Associate – Database Administration for Sybase 15.7”
• Provide efficient Database support to users, customers and program development teams, at the Centralized Corporate Data Centers, adhering to institutional standards.
• Provide first-level support for trouble free Database Servers by troubleshooting issues.
• Assist the second-level Database support team and vendors in solving complex and long-standing issues which hampers Database Server availability.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with the technology's technical /application support team in implementing upgrades/fixes and solutions thus by providing error-free & improvised database servers for the customers.
• Liaise and coordinate with business and internal entities to deliver the required service levels as per the corporate standards.
• Coordinate and participate effectively in Data Center/Alternate Data Center Business Recovery Plan efforts.
• Support management in providing MIS and other management reports as per the requirement.
• Coordinate and participate effectively in Technology and Operations Auditing activities.
• Provide support in maintaining secured and trouble free data center environment
• Coordinate with user and technology personnel on existing and new projects. Also maintain a constant dialogue with support team to keep yourself up-to-date on their requirements in terms of database changes.
• Assist business / application support team for emergency releases activities on Databases and help the business to run smoothly and ensure business as usual.
• Ensure all Databases are operational and adequately maintained in order to provide uninterrupted user/customer service in a professional environment to maximize user productivity.
• Monitor Database Server resources on continuous basis in order to up-keep the system and services availability for the Bank’s Business Users and Customers as per SLA.
• Investigate all business service problems pertaining to Data Access and Servers and endeavor for their prompt resolution.
• Maintain the integrity of Institutional data through adequate safety and security, while ensuring that up to date administrative procedures are in place and are strictly adhered to.
• Maintain Local Procedures as per the Corporate Policy and standards and participate Business Continuity Plan Exercises from the DR Site.
• Ensure full compliance to all Bank and STG policies and procedures as defined in STEPS.
• Participate in the Data Center/Alternate Data Center Management efforts in smooth function of regular activities
• Ensure the Business Continuity Plan for Corporate Data Centers is maintained, updated and tested as per corporate policies, guidelines and standards.
• Estimate future DC server growth and highlight management
• Ensure all program releases are installed and procedures modified / implemented in coordination with users / technology.
• Review release processes for automation to provide better Service Levels.
• Ensure backups and conduct quality checks
• University Qualifications: Bachelor Degree in CS / IT or any relevant
• Nature and length of previous experience: Hands on Experiences in Sybase Database Administration
• Preferably in the Banking Sector
• Other certifications obtained: SAP certified Technology Associate – Database Administration for Sybase 15.7”
• Soft Skills and Personality traits: Excellent verbal and written communication skills
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.