Job description / Role
• Create Login's, Users, permissions and managed Security issues of the Server and Databases according to Security Policies defined by the company.
• Performance tuning and monitoring.
• Effective Communication to be made through conference calls and emails with different teams.
• Good knowledge of replication configuration like Warm standby and MSA both type.
• Knowledge on high availability and disaster recovery with mirroring, replication, log shipping, always on and clustering.
• Knowledge in Windows Cluster SQL server Instances on cluster nodes.
• Knowledge on BCP and Bulk Insert operations for data uploading module and Create DTS / SSIS packages as for data transfer & transform across locations and multiple data source as per requirement
• Exposure to administer backups using built-in / 3rd party tools.
• Knowledge in migration / Upgrade project within different versions of SQL Servers.
• Work on 24x7 on-call pager rotation.
• Experience in working on ServiceNow (Incident / Change / Service Request / Problem) – Added advantage
• Good to have experience in MSSQL Design, develop and maintain databases in MS SQL Server 2005 2008, 2008R2 , 2012,2014 & 2016 Databases
• Sr. Sybase DBA with 6+ years of strong technical background on Sybase Database Administration
• Design, develop, maintain & patch databases in Sybase ASE version 12.5, 15.5, 15.7, 16.x
• Configure, manage and administer Sybase ASE and Replication server.
• In-depth understanding for troubleshooting
• Thorough understanding of replication
• Understanding of application development & database utilization
• Database enhanced configuration/improvements
• Sybase internal schema tables, health checks, etc.”
• Experience in L3 level support
• Good Knowledge of UNIX and AIX.
• Good knowledge of DR test.
• Working knowledge of Cluster High availability.
• Good working knowledge of Sybase ASE upgrade like from 15.3 to 15.7 and to 16.0
• Manage to Install and configure Sybase ASE and Replication server.
• Good knowledge of Sybase backup strategies.
About the Company
Saudi Networkers is one of the largest consultancies providing services to ICT, Oil & Energy, Technology, Engineering, Banking, Finance and Healthcare arena across Middle East & Africa, covered by teams, specialized in their assigned industry sector.
Saudi Networkers founded in 2001 and has excelled ever since in providing cost effective solutions to the biggest multinational companies in MEA region with very high standards of quality whilst adhering business ethics and meeting our clients expectations.
Today, SNS Group is one of the leading consultancies, with more than 1700+ employees worldwide, ISO 9001:2008 certified and is highly regarded.