Job description / Role
System Analysts are responsible for maintaining and improving computer systems for an organisation and its clients. This IT role is growing in popularity and demand as organisations increasingly move operations, processes and communication online. System Analysts are often required to work outside standard hours to oversee upgrades or fixes, ensuring there is minimal interruption to business as usual. A System Analyst job description should highlight the need for accuracy, logic and an ability to communicate complex ideas to others.
System Analyst duties and responsibilities of the job. As a role critical to smooth operation and safe, secure computer systems, a System Analyst job description should include many of the duties and responsibilities below:
• Maintaining and upgrading existing systems as required
• Designing new computer systems and frameworks
• Troubleshooting technical issues
• Risk mitigation planning
• Collaborating with Business Analysts, Project Leads and IT team to resolve issues and ensuring solutions are viable and consistent
• Creating system guidelines and manuals for the organisation
• Running training sessions and workshops on system processes
• Conducting regular reviews of systems and generating reports on efficiencies and improvement areas
• Structuring and prioritising business requirements and communicating plans with stakeholders for review and approval
System Analyst job qualifications and requirements. A formal qualification will be important when advertising for a highly skilled System Analyst, however, some candidates will be self-taught or have learned their programming skills on the job. In a System Analyst job description, the below fields of study would be most relevant to include:
• Science or Computer Science
• Business Administration
Whether formally qualified or not, a System Analyst should also possess these skills:
• Critical thinking ability
• Strong problem-solving capacity
• High-level written and verbal communication skills
• Project management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Knowledge of data modelling and data visualization tools
About the Company
EBTTIKAR Technology Co., a subsidiary of the National Technology Group, is one of the leading IT Infrastructure Solutions Providers in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is well positioned to lead the IT service industry in the Middle East by leveraging its strategic partnerships with world class technology vendors, solid service infrastructure and its commitment to the region.
We thrive on the mission of enabling the best business results through IDEAS, PEOPLE and TECHNOLOGY. As a total IT Infrastructure Solutions Provider, we provide a full spectrum of services that includes Consulting, Design, Implementation, Integration and a whole host of Outsourcing Services. In short we address the entire cycle of a typical IT undertaking – from Consult, Build, Deploy to Manage.
Committed to our full-service proposition, we pride ourselves of strong alliances with some of the world's most renowned technology companies including Cisco, HP, Oracle, EMC, Juniper, Microsoft, Symantec, Spirent, Redline Communications, Systimax and SafeNet - to provide the most effective and competitive solutions to our customers.
Through 4 main offices and 24 services centres across the Kingdom with over 400 full-time employees and 1500 project staff, Ebttikar serves over 250 customers across various industry sectors.
Recognized for its excellent service quality and business performance, EBTTIKAR has been awarded several local and regional achievement recognitions, from Saudi e business awards as the Best Networking Solutions Company in 2004, Best Enterprise Channel award from HP in 2003 and the Gold Partner of the Year Award in 2004 for the region of Russia, Middle East and Africa from Cisco. Ebttikar was the first regional company to receive Cisco Gold Partner Certification in the Middle East.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies