Job description / Role
Systems Manager - Defence (Riyadh)
* Rewards & Benefits
-- We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- Tra-nsportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultant
Technical Competences / Qualifications / Experience
- Degree qualified in a relevant and related technical discipline.
- Minimum 12 years’ professional experience including at least 6 in the field of defence procurement either in a leading operational or technical capacity.
- Background compatible with Saudi Arabia security policy.
- Substantial experience of working within a recognised defence procurement organisation and process
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills (including spoken and written English).
- Proficiency in typical Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, CRM
- Previous client-facing, business development experience
- Ex- forces, probably British armed forces.
- Current UK or other recognised security clearance
- Middle East experience
* Behavioural Competences
- Authoritative and convincing; influential and persuasive.
- Able to command respect of senior level military officers and industry personnel.
- Committed and tenacious approach to achieving objectives.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative within established parameters.
- Good listener, perceptive, with ability to quickly and accurately assimilate information.
Confident and articulate.
- Collaborate approach in team environment.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Good organizational skills, proficient in planning and scheduling.
- Technically aware; commercially astute
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).