Job description / Role
- To interact with all departments related to linen and uniforms to ensure the smooth operation in the hotel.
- To provide efficient, personalised, courteous and punctual service.
- To work with a team spirit and to ensure that each internal and external guest leaves the hotel fully satisfied.
- To drive laundry services revenue through a reputation of quality services.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities
Planning & Organizing:
- Be responsible for all F&B linen, guest room linen and uniforms.
- Be responsible to check and verify the conditions of linen and uniforms and do the maintenance accordingly.
- Receive the clean items from the laundry and issue them accordingly.
- Ensure that enough par stock of F&B, Health club and guest room linen for smooth operation.
- Handle all service matters to guests in the station.
- Conduct the linen inventory as per the hotel standards or whenever is required.
- Co Ordinate with Housekeeping desk coordinator and get the updates on occupancy, departures, guest in-house and any functions in the hotel. Prepare the requirements from linen room well in advance.
- Maintains a courteous relationship with all departments
- Assist in preparing the linen and uniform budget
- Assists in the issuing of linen and uniforms and enforce the policy of a clean garment for a soiled one.
- Assist to stock pantries and keep par levels daily floor by floor. Sort out any stained linen, and send to washer for special treatment
- Do have a random check on pantries, F&B area to ensure that every one treat the linen on right manner and if not correct them and update Executive Housekeeper accordingly.
- Be responsible for filing and keeping all uniform request forms in a proper file according to Department Heading
- Record all in / out transactions in log book
- To keep the tailoring station neat and tidy with all requirements.
- Record all linen that need to be condemned
- Co-ordinate with Human Resource Department to get the new arrival and updates for preparing the uniforms.
- Conduct all quarterly and yearly linen inventory
- Ensure that the linen & uniform rooms are locked after at end of shift
- At the end of the shift or the day, she/he has to communicate all information that the next shift has to know for a well running of the operations
- Inform Executive Housekeeper or Department in charge for any guest complaints or employees uniform complaints
- Ensure that all linen and uniforms are in good condition as required by the Hotel.
- Complies with Hotel's Health, Safety, Hygiene and Fire Policy
- To maintain a record for uniforms and linen
- If any employee abuses his / her uniform, or any kind of linen report to Executive Housekeeper.
- Ensure all guest laundries are taken care well and deliver according to guest specification
- In the event of a lost uniform, employee must get a new issue form from the Personnel Dept. Lost & damage report must be raised & sign by employee and sent to EHK. To follow the grooming standards and check the grooming of the team
- If an employee quits the organization be sure he /she has returned his uniform & locker key before giving the form to the EHK to sign.
- Check and sort for defects and torn linen and uniform for repair.
- Inform EHK of any defect or damage of furniture or equipment in the linen & uniform room immediately
- Keep all equipment's and the linen & uniform area are clean after work each day.
- Carry out any other reasonable task (which may not be stated here) as requested.
- Coordinate with other departments of the hotel such as Food & Beverage Service, Food & Beverage Production for pre planning of linen stock.
- Allocate duties to Linen room team members i.e. Linen Room Attendant, Runner.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned by superior
- Document all the records about inventories, distribution, damaged item and store stock.
- Verify all kind of linen and uniform invoices and report to EHK in case of any discrepancy.
- Closely monitored all out sourced laundry invoices on day to day basis and submit the consolidated report to EHK with relevant notes.
- Monitor and keep updated training records and schedules to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per hotel standard.
- Prepare the duty roster and plan for vacation of linen room team members.
- To be conduct the daily briefing and update the daily hotel information with the team.
Leadership received from (directly):
Linen Room Supervisor
Leadership received from (indirectly):
Housekeeping - Colleague
Our Vision, we make moments
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts (MH&R) is in the "moments" business. We're intimately involved in important times in our guests lives. And you never know when a moment can be made. A simple smile in the lobby can create the positivity that turns a business trip into a new business celebration. An insider tip on the best way to spend a day can make an entire holiday. A romantic dinner for two can lead to a longer term partnership.
It doesn't take much to make a moment. Just to be genuine. And human. And warm. And take steps to do the ordinary in an extraordinary way.
We understand that this vision cannot be achieved without great people who create and support work environments designed to produce exceptional results.
Mövenpick Hotels & Resorts reserves the right to revise all job descriptions from time to time as business needs demand. Other duties may be assigned as & when necessary. The above-mentioned job description attempts to outline key aspects of the role, however, does not limit its right to assign other duties to an employee in this position. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.