Job description / Role
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
Provide a professional, advisory and executive support service to all department heads and hotel staff to achieve the strategic goals of the establishment
TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To adhere to all personnel policies and procedures
- To assist in the control and monitoring of all recruitment for the hotel and all induction procedures to company standard
- To help ensure that all staff welfare aspects meet the agreed standards, including all aspects of staff communication.
RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
- Coordinate the screening of all applicants
- Follow AccorHotels standard procedures for the appointment of selected personnel
- Assist in managing the hotel's "talent bank" to allow for replacement/supplementing of existing staff.
- Assist in the production and co-ordination of advertising
- Co-ordinate salary survey in-conjunction
- Assist with recruitment open days and fairs
TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT:
- Coordinate room reservations for training courses and ensure adequate notification
- Assist with the administration of the hotel orientation of new staff occur prior to the actual commencement of work and on the actual orientation day
- Assist in the formulation of Human Resources training plan
- Assist in developing and maintaining an appropriate skills base
- Develop individual training programmes for staff according to job requirements with a view to multi-skilling staff
- Continually review progress in training by implementing appropriate assessment procedures
- Assist department heads in maintaining current knowledge and understanding of contemporary Human Resource Issues
- Assist in checking weekly training sheets from all departments to ensure all staff receive daily and weekly task training via their Head of Department.
- Wherever required, support the Hod in the provision of task training in a hands-on manner
- Conduct health & safety training with new starters as required
- Assist in maintaining an up-to-date record of training requirements for personnel within the hotel.
- Ensure that staff appraisals take place on regular basis by the use of a monitoring system
- Set up systems to monitor achievement of departmental goals and objectives
- In conjunction with the Safety/ Security Manager assist in the development of departmental health & safety training files. Assist and advise heads of department on health & safety training.
- Assist in ensuring that staff welfare programmes, including staff-room, uniforms, name badges, etc. is maintained.
- Monitor all staff noticeboards to ensure that they are up-to-date and of interest and relevance.
- Monitor staff suggestion box and coordinate replies as appropriate
- Assist in the counseling of staff to help prevent work related problems
- Assist in dispute resolution
- Conduct exit interviews as appropriate
- Provide staff details as requested by the accounts department on a monthly basis, in order that labour turnover and equal opportunities maybe monitored
- Assist with staff accommodation arrangements as appropriate
- Be aware of, and where possible deal with the day to day industrial relations and inform and advise Human Resource Manager of any potential problems and/or solutions.
- Coordinate pension/medical/committee meetings ensuring room is booked and staff are notified.
- Coordinate administration for Employee of the Month and Employee of the Year scheme.
- Be aware of Human Resource Auditing Procedures and assist in achieving the objectives/ completing, and to monitor the branch staff turnover, absenteeism, guest reaction and labour cost
- Advise on all local labour law issues
- Maintain relationship with appropriate authorities to ensure kept up to date on changes to regulations and opportunities to provide input
- Ensure the standards of "best practice" are developed and encourage line management commitment to their implementation
- Ensure all personnel records (both computerised and manual) are maintained accurately and securely
- Prepare and maintain files, reports, letters, memorandums and other relevant business documentation
- Assist in the day to day administration of the department, ensuring reference checks are made, contracts & offers are prepared, regret letters etc are sent out in a timely fashion
- Purchase stock/inventory according to purchasing procedures and specification
- Abide by both the hotel and AcoorHotels policies and procedures
- Control the security of company's stock and property.
- To comply with any reasonable request of Human Resource Manager / Senior Management.
- All staff of the company are required to make themselves available for training and
- Communication meetings for which advance notice will normally be given.
- PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL: In the interests of helping staff maintain high quality standards of service, identifying training needs and assisting in the personal development of employees, all personnel are given an annual appraisal interview.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.