Tax and Compliance Accountant
Job description / Role
• Prepare and files VAT,WHT, and annual income tax and zakat returns.
• Prepares tax provision schedules by reviewing, preparing and consolidating the potential provisions.
• Recommends tax strategies by researching the tax laws.
• Maintain legislative materials by reviewing interpreting and implementing new revised laws.
• Maintain compliance with regulations by forwarding required information to GAZT.
• Revises procedures by developing and streamlining procedures and worksheets for calculation of tax provisions.
• Calculate the tax depreciation and deferred tax provision.
• Strong Knowledge of transfer pricing and preparation of compliance documentation.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications ; maintaining personal network; participating in professional organization.
• Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related result as needed.
• Devise tax strategies to defer or eliminate tax payment.
• Complete required tax reporting in timely manner.
• Prepare and update tax provision schedules.
• Update the company VAT database as tax rates change.
• Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities.
• Research and correct process.
• Negotiate with tax authorities over tax payment issues.
• Research the bass for tax positions to be taken.
• Advise management regarding the tax impact of corporate strategies.
• Advise management on the impact of the new laws on tax liabilities.
• Coordinate outsourced tax preparation work.
• Researching tax laws and regulations.
• Providing assistance during tax audits.
• Responding to notices from tax authorities.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors.
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, finance and SOCPA, US CPA or equivalent is a must
• Ten years related experience including returns preparation tax and planning and compliance
About the Company
SATORP, in its promising future, is one of the most complex refineries in the world, with a processing capacity of 400,000 barrels per day of Arabian Heavy Crude to produce petroleum products and petrochemicals with commitment to the highest international standards of health, safety and environment; and at the same time having continuous development and leadership in the region. This world-class refinery that came to being out of the expertise of the two oil giants, Saudi Aramco and Total, is located at Jubail Industrial City in the east of Saudi Arabia.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||11 Mar|
Certified Accountant for a Group of Companies
BAC Middle East
General Ledger Accountant