Job description / Role
Tax - Customs & Trade Senior Manager - Riyadh
Line of Service
Customs & International Trade
Job Description & Summary
A career in our Customs and International Trade Tax practice, within Tax services, will provide you with the opportunity to help our clients meet and manage their tax customs and trade obligations across unique but ever changing tax specialties in the Middle East region. You’ll advise clients on their local and overseas tax customs and trade affairs, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing indirect taxescompliance obligations, dispute resolution, and global enterprise tax and customs solutions.
Our team helps organisations manage indirect customs and tax implications that results in cash flow optimization and risk reduction. You’ll help with structuring business transactions, developing efficient supply chain models, handling customs and indirect tax disputes, and implementing VAT solutions for new to market organisations.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
• Be involved in the financial management of clients
• Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
• Develop project strategies to solve complex technical challenges for our clients
• Manage and deliver large projects by developing the project team, assessing engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing / challenging the output produced by the team
• Shape and deliver projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients and our own quality criteria
• Train, coach, and supervise team members
• Continue to develop internal relationships and developing your PwC brand
Experienced in customs & international trade advisory services (preferably in the GCC). In particular, the candidate must have the following experience:
• Working knowledge of customs regulations
• Degree in Law, Business Management, Logistics or Supply Chain or similar
• Knowledge of the customs legislative framework in the GCC.
• Knowledge of the local customs regulations, policies and practices in the GCC.
• Notion of World Trade Organization (WTO) and World Customs Organization (WCO) basics.
• Languages: fluent in English, Arabic beneficial.
• Prior experience: ideally the candidate should have at least 6-8 years of experience in the field of customs & international trade.
Up to 20%
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.