Job description / Role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify & improve the lives of people, initially through solutions that make transportation in the region reliable, and over time, through disruptions in payments and logistics. In the process, we want to build an organization that inspires and become a world-class institution from the region.
Careem is the MENA regions leading ride-hailing platform and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 90+ cities across 13+ countries and host over 15 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018. Read more about us here and here .
Join us in building a world-class institution in the Middle East and experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, to improve people's lives.
Reporting This role reports into the Financial controller
- Project manage all tax aspects of new business lines and initiatives, supporting launches in multiple countries by identifying and documenting unique tax requirements
- Perform direct tax technical research including analysis and interpretation of relevant tax laws, regulations, cases and agency guidance, and update relevant stakeholders as appropriate
- Partner with key contacts in operations, corporate development, finance, treasury, and legal to identify and implement tax planning strategies and minimize potential tax risks
- Act as liaison with local tax consultants and managing local tax compliance
- Identify and implement VAT optimization opportunities
- Provide guidance/training to local tax teams
- Establish key internal controls and transfer pricing mechanisms related to international tax.
- Own special projects related to transfer pricing across entities by researching and analyzing and creating appropriate deliverables
- Manage and coordinate external audits across entities and act as a liaison with the external consultants
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or similar; CA/CPA/Master's in Taxation
- At least 9+ years of PQE of international tax in a fast-paced industry and/or Big 4 (plus)
- Demonstrated thorough user and working knowledge of tax systems
- Excellent research skills, coupled with great written and verbal communication skills are a must, including the ability to communicate with non-tax people on VAT issues
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with aggressive timelines
- Creative thinking to resolve novel tax problems while supporting the business
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.