Job description / Role
Deloitte Middle East is looking for an experienced Paralegal to join its IndirectTax team in Riyadh, KSA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The candidate will be expected to be able to undertake the following work responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a working understanding of the operating rules and procedural rules of the tax appeals committee and tax system in KSA
• Demonstrate a working understanding of the operating rules of GAZT and the technical rules in relation to tax appeals in particular VAT and Excise Tax
• File documents such as briefs etc. with the Appeals committee; GAZT; and other relevant stakeholders
• Understand the time limits of each of the court/legal procedural rules and ensure that filings and tracking is done in a timely fashion
• Perform research on applicable laws and regulations; and, legal appeals rules
• Discover facts of each case and act according to the facts of each case in terms of technical documents; fact checking; and, procedural rules
• Prepare reports and/or necessary documents for filing and submission to the appeals committee/courts/GAZT
• Gather formal statements, if any are required for submission to the appeals committee / courts
• Assisting by taking notes from various stakeholders
• Arrange meetings as necessary with relevant stakeholders; clients and client teams to keep appraised
• Maintain a tracking and precedent system for appeal and court filings
• Provide ad-hoc translation, from time to time from English into Arabic and vice-versa
The candidate must have 3 to 4 years of professional experience and a legal qualification from Saudi Arabia, or recognized in Saudi Arabia.
The candidate will need to demonstrate a sound understanding of the working of the legal system and courts in KSA, and will be primarily responsible for managing the caseloads and processes involved with submitting objections, appeals and dealing with the GSTC and GAZT and other stakeholders in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS:
• Fluent Arabic
• Strong technical Arabic / English drafting
• English/Arabic deliverables for both VAT and Excise Tax
• Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
• You will be well organized and meticulous in your ability to manage critical deadlines for clients
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills in Arabic and English languages
• Bachelor or Master degree in Law or equivalent recognized in KSA
About the Company
Deloitte is the world's largest and leading professional services firm, providing audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax and services to public and private clients spanning multiple industries, whether they are in the energy, communications, oil and gas, financial services, family businesses, healthcare, public or education sectors among others.
With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte's more than 250,000 professionals are committed to becoming the standard of excellence.
Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte globally and is the first Arab professional services firm established in the Middle East region Deloitte & Touche (M.E.) is a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited (DTTL) and is a leading professional services firm established in the Middle East region with uninterrupted presence since 1926 with 26 offices in 15 countries to date. What distinguishes Deloitte member firms in the Middle East is the global and regional expertise and know-how offered through specialized and highly knowledgeable talent. Deloitte aims to offer the best services to its clients through a team with more than 3,300 partners, directors and staff in the Middle East which guarantees effective communication with clients and a deeper understanding of their needs. It is a Tier 1 Tax advisor in the GCC region since 2010 (according to the International Tax Review World Tax Rankings). It has also received numerous awards in the last few years which include best employer in the Middle East, best consulting firm, the Middle East Training & Development Excellence Award by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW), as well as the best CSR integrated organization.
Deloitte drives progress. Our practices around the Middle East support clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We invest in outstanding people of diverse talents and backgrounds and empower them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most-for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Outstanding value to markets and clients
- Commitment to each other
- Strength from cultural diversity