Job description / Role
Technical Contract Manager is responsible for the management of all the maintenance related contracts to ensure contractual obligations are fore filled and meet the customer requirements..
Key Job Responsibilities
• Ensure suppliers, subcontractors, partners and maintenance provider delivers contractual obligations to the customers through effective contract management with stake holders, With the aim of providing practical contractual solutions to resolve any issues or improvements.
• This will include the management of the ongoing obligations in the CAF contracts and variations for the supply of the passenger trainsets.
• Ensure that all contract payments are compliant with contract terms, supported by relevant document and appropriate processes are in-place. Liaise with relevant stakeholders within SAR.
• Assist the maintenance organisation with the development of the budget and manage relevant budget
• Anticipate, prepare and manage claims and counter claims. Represent the maintenance management in all areas related to the contractual aspects of all contracts.
• Manage and control any variations to the contract and liaise with relevant stakeholders within SAR.
• Implement regime to ensure compliance processes and procedures.
• Develop and implement a KPIs pack for the maintenance teams for contract management, including compliance with contractual requirements. Including any potential variation/claim/breach of contractual obligations that could generate substantial costs or revenues.
• Raise to the attention of an in-house lawyer any issue requiring legal advice, i.e. matters exceeding the clear intention; requiring interpretation of terms or contract applicable law.
• Review trends and feedback and develop ongoing plan to drive continuous improvement of the services provided.
• Ensure all documentation, records and computer systems are complete and accurate. Including setup and management of the contractual correspondence and contractual information.
• Provide practical assistance to the maintenance team to manage and solve day to day issues and ensure relevant and staff are aware of the contract requirements.
• Undertaken other reasonable tasks as requested by manager.
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
• To be aware of, and play an active role in the development and implementation of the Integrated Management System and the content of the Environment, Quality, Health & Safety and Information Security Policy Statements, to ensure that these are implemented within their area of responsibility;
• Comply with all operational rules, procedures, regulations and instructions;
• Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with safety management systems, support and ensure contractor are compliant with requirements;
• Understand the importance of being in possession of, all relevant personal protection equipment/clothing, company ID, safety documentation and information when on duty;
• To exercise a personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by the acts or omissions and promote the same within their area of responsibility;
• To use safety equipment (including PPE) as required and intended and observe that this is also enforced within Operations and among subcontractors and third parties working in SAR’s controlled premises/systems;
• Reporting of near misses, accidents and safety or security concerns;
• Lead by example and seek out ways to conserve energy, water and other resources and minimize the generation of waste;
• Ensure contractor is aware and comply with HSQE responsibilities and audit regimes are implemented.
Safety Critical Competencies
• Practical training or the supervision of practical training in any of the tasks defined as safety critical.
• Degree or recognised professional qualification in a related discipline;
• Leadership qualification desirable;
• Contractual knowledge;
• English fluent.
• 3 years relevant experience in role of similar level;
• 8 years’ experience in contract management environment.
• Ability to manage a contractor with an aim to meet the committed performance target of cleanliness in a cost effective and efficient manner;
• Good interpersonal and people skills, and a mature, methodical and responsible approach to work;
• Must have strong supervisory skills and ability to plan work priorities effectively;
• Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities;
• Self-motivated and seeks out information and knowledge to develop skills, resolves issues and improve standards.
• Ability to plan and organise to meet the department objectives and deadlines in a fast paced, team-oriented environment;
• Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization.
• Ability to demonstrate both excellent literacy and numeracy skills required for the role.
• Ability to negotiate contracts and variations.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to communicate in English (written and verbal) with good numeracy skills.
Additional / special features of the role:
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.