Job description / Role
We are WSP - Join us and make your career future ready!
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you'll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP Middle East are currently looking for a Technical Director with Geotechnical background to provide technical leadership ensuring the highest technical standards are maintained on high rise building PMC projects on NEOM, in the capacity of lead Project Management Consultant.
Your new role, what's involved?
* Lead the geotechnical team to ensure that deliverables are submitted on schedule and meet client expectations.
* Review geotechnical deliverables and manage the quality of contracted work.
* Develop and deliver the geotechnical project management program including all the details of a project to the team members.
* Developing detailed cost estimates for geotechnical work plans.
* Manage and coordinate project direction and scope from analysis through implementation.
* Ensure the progress of project is evaluated on a regular basis.
* Review safety plans and ensure work is completed safely within company H&S policy.
* Develop and monitor the project design schedule to meet Client and organisation objectives.
* Assist with design change reviews and ensuring design change is managed in accordance with approved processes and procedures
* Attend all Project Meetings
* Keep a daily log of project items (staffing, activities, forms, stakeholders onsite and any other pertinent issues)
* Provide coordination between all the stakeholders
* Accept and distribute all hard copy design, RFI, and Shop Drawing submissions
* Ensure that Consultants and/or the Contractor are adhering to the Quality Control Plan
* Provide review and comment on all submitted deliverables for the project
* Provide technical assistance as required
* Be responsible for providing technical expertise and overseeing the technical aspects of a project
* Ensure that project outcomes meet the required technical standards
* Provide input to client proposals including bid planning, costing, producing proposals, and provide technical inputs
* Be accountable for the technical success of projects won or allocated
* Actively contribute to the ongoing development of engineering excellence within the team and help to create a culture of excellence and continuous improvement within your specialism
* Be responsible for ensuring excellent technical standards are maintained in the design, documentation, and supervision of project work
* Take responsibility for technical standards of the project and business while building strong personal relationships across project and business teams
* Manage and direct technical opportunities, develop new ideas and seek to provide increasingly efficient and effective high-quality standards and service
* Lead and develop technical capability by developing and delivering technical solutions
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
* Have a bachelor's degree in engineering with a Minimum of 25 years industry experience in managing and delivering large and/or complex towers construction projects, with well-known international firms
* 10 years experience on high rise tower PMC projects
* Experience and proven ability to lead and manage geotechnical teams on large multi-disciplinary projects
* Comprehensive experience of technical design and associated discipline software
* Member of Associated Professional body
* CEng preferred although not essential
* Experienced user of Microsoft Office
What's in it for you?
What if we can have work-life balance? What if we can be rewarded in ways that support our individual needs? What if we can be accepted for who we are? Here at WSP - we can!
WSP recognises that work is only one part of our lives and making time for the other things in our life is important - be that our families, our friends or ourselves. So, if working from home, working part-time or having flexible start and finish time will help with this let us know as part of your application.
As well as rewarding you with competitive pay, WSP offers standard benefits including first class medical cover, generous annual leave, and paid professional subscriptions.
Be you, be happy - we strive to have a friendly and inclusive culture which respects and maximizes the contribution individuals can bring to WSP. We recognise the benefits that people with varying backgrounds and experiences can bring.? Here at WSP we positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy or maternity/paternity. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
Apply now and be the future of WSP!
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.