Job description / Role
Great opportunity to experience another culture, gain valuable experience and be part of a large multi cultural team.
POSITION: Technical Help Desk
START DATE: October 2020
PACKAGE: Competitive tax free salary and leave offered with accommodation, all meals, flight allowance and full medical insurance
12 Month Renewable Contract
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• The Helpdesk Operative is the communication hub for the Technical Department and responsible for the logging of outstanding works, breakdowns and planned maintenance for the effective coordination of internal technical personnel and external contractors
• Rostered onto one of three rotating shifts to provide 24-hour cover, the Helpdesk Operative’s primary role is to receive calls about various technical problems throughout the estate, record them in the system and assign them to appropriately skilled team members or contractors accordingly
• The Helpdesk Operative will maintain a record of all the completed, pending and on-going works conducted by the Technical Department and holds the position of central point of contact for incoming phone calls and emails from contractors and suppliers
• In addition, the Helpdesk Operative manages a reception desk from where tasks are allocated, enabling them to monitor the location of all Technical Department staff, suppliers and contractors. The Helpdesk Operative holds a register for transmitting to the Safety Supervisor in the event of an emergency evacuation
• The Helpdesk Operative’s principal aim shall be to optimise the efficiency of the on-site works throughout the facilities and maintain a comprehensive account of the current status
• The Helpdesk Operative will report directly to the Senior Technician on duty and support the Technical Department personnel and the Storekeeper/Handyman with logistics for local purchases
• The Helpdesk Operative will be delegated adequate authority and resources to achieve these goals
• Fluent in English. Arabic language advantageous but not mandatory
• You should have knowledge of common technical terms related to electrical, plumbing and HVAC
• Knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook is essential – MUST know how to use Excel spreadsheets efficiently, with some basic understanding of simple formulas. You must be comfortable and accurate with data entry
• Experience with using issue tracking databases or CMMS advantageous
• Workplace Health and Safety Compliance – ensure safe work practices are maintained and complied with. Be highly observant, able to note and report on defects and problem areas
• Competence in general management and modern office procedures including word-processing and spreadsheet work
• Familiarity with basic accounting and book-keeping
• A broad knowledge of private estate operations, facilities management, building maintenance, plant and equipment servicing or having worked in a builders’ merchants would be a distinct advantage
• English language fluency essential and Arabic language skills beneficial
• A positive attitude combined with the ability to communicate fluently with colleagues
• No visible Tattoos and Non smoker
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
About the Company
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.