Job description / Role
We are seeking a motivated and experienced individual to take on the Technical Production Coordinator role at Maraya.
Maraya is a purpose-built event venue in AlUla, Saudi Arabia, comprising of a main auditorium, a conference hall, meeting rooms, VIP facilities and dining hall. AlUla is known for its breath-taking desert landscape and magnificent heritage sites. Designed to blend into the surrounding landscape, the state-of-the-art structure is covered in mirrored panels reflecting AlUla’s beauty.
Maraya, which translates to “mirror” or “reflection” in Arabic, boasts 9,740 square meters of mirrors, making it the largest mirrored building in the world according to Guinness World Records.
We are looking for a highly organised Technical Production Coordinator to support the Technical Production Manager to facilitate all technical requirements for the Maraya Venue. The Maraya Venue comprising of a main auditorium, a conference hall, meeting rooms, VIP facilities and dining hall.
This position will assist the Technical Production manager in the advance planning of all technical requirements and show day management of a variety of different shows taking place in Maraya.
This is an opportunity to join our small but quickly expanding team within the region. Our team is made up of a small but diverse group of individuals who all share the same passion for putting our employees first. We have a fun atmosphere, which helps us maintain an open, approachable environment, which can partner and build genuinely authentic and valuable relationships with our employees and leaders. We are committed to working as a team and to support each other to achieve wins as a collective.
What the role includes
• Receive technical event requirements, responding to clients & colleagues within required time frames.
• Create initial proposal, follow up and prepare revised proposals as required in response to client needs.
• Attend onsite and virtual meetings with clients as required.
• Update internal systems with event details and financial information.
• Support the Technical Production Manager to ensure contracts, invoices and other key event documentation is issued and completed within required timeframes.
• Work closely with the Technical Production Manager and Operations team to develop and deliver technical solutions.
• Ensure effective communication is maintained with venue and suppliers during pre-production stage.
• Oversee the installation and remain on site during the event to ensure the client and venue requirements are met.
• Plan, advise and assist with the installation of venue exhibitions.
• Ensure all relevant technical documentation is organised, kept up to date and distributed accordingly.
• Work with the Technical Production Manager & Event Manager and attend production meetings to provide advice on all technical aspects to the promoter (and their contractors) on the viability of show design. In particular, matters relating to the rigging of equipment, available power supplies, general lighting of the event, staging and seating arrangements as well as the use of in-house equipment. Flagging any conflicts that may arise with Health and Safety or best working practices.
• Assist in the management of the maintenance and stock levels of stage equipment such as stage and public seating, music stands, stage risers and accessories, drapes, barriers etc. and ensure that the quality of the stage and main floor surfaces are kept to the highest standard, raising any concerns with the Technical Production Manager.
• Design, update and manage relevant CAD plans such as rig plans, seating plans, structural floor plans and stage plans.
• Assist the Technical Production manager to create, review and improve department risk assessment and method statement documents so that all tasks and activities conducted by technical staff are as safe as is possible, conducting regular and proactive monitoring to ensure high level of safety is consistently maintained.
• Assist in the planning and implementation of maintenance tasks and dedicated maintenance periods.
• Work closely with the Technical Production Manager to ensure the safe and professional operation of the venue’s rigging equipment, utilising spotters (or being a spotter) when required. Also ensure that updated rig plans and motor board plots are saved for future reference.
• Operate sound, lighting and AV in both the main auditorium and other event spaces.
• Assist when required in providing lighting, rigging and audio services to events, and become familiar with the use of the venue's technical equipment and procedures.
• Obtain relevant sign off sheets once work has been completed (rigging, structural, etc.)
• Review the relevant event risk assessments and ensure that as far as possible, all event Health and Safety procedures are adhered to throughout the event itself.
Competencies / Skills / Knowledge / Experience
• A proven Technical Production Coordinator track record with at least 3 years working across a variety of live events, live concerts, exhibitions, and large-scale conferences
• IOSH/NEBOSH Managing Safely qualifications (Desirable)
• Proficient in CAD software, provide CAD drawing as requested.
• Able to provide inventive, but measurable, solutions for client challenges
• Solid communication skills both verbal and written.
• Able to Communicate with clients & colleagues about project, event expectations and goals.
• Passionate about Production concepts, practices and programs.
• A strong understanding of a variety of different shows, conference set up, and bespoke events within a venue.
• Experienced with hands on implementation and results measurement
• Must be able to meet tight deadlines, on a fast-paced production/operational schedule.
• Strong interest in technology and agility at learning new products and features to keep up to date with the ever-changing services within the Music Industry.
• Experience working in GCC Region, namely Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Saudi Arabia
• Solid understanding of all Technical Stage Production, including staging layout, lighting, PA and Audio-Visual Systems
• Excellent communication, leadership and decision-making skills.
• Adaptability responds effectively to changes in situation or information.
• Being honest and approachable and able to build great working relationships.
The following required attributes determine how the role will be carried out to be a success:
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to support and maintain communication between different individuals and teams.
• Well organized and ability to work using own initiative.
• Solid numerical skills with an understanding of how to process financial information.
• Have a passion for the events industry & be a positive, proactive individual and a team player.
• Confidence in dealing with a wide range of people.
• Be motivated, creative, attentive and responsive
• Must have ambition and enthusiasm to drive change in the department to meet the needs of an evolving organization.
• Ability to plan and prioritize within defined timeframes.
• Willingness to work in flexible time schedules, during event and non-event days.
• Must be able to tolerate loud noise levels and remain calm in busy fast paced environment.
• May work in different temperature climates associated with the region.
• Must be willing to work during evening and weekend hours, as required, to meet the needs of a concert hall during a busy events season.
About the Company
As the world’s leading live entertainment company, we are privileged to work with artists to bring their creativity to life on stages around the world. Whether it’s two hours at a packed club, or an entire weekend of sets at a festival, a live show does more than entertain. It can uplift, inspire and create a memory that lasts a lifetime.
Bringing 40,000 shows and 100+ festivals to life and selling 500 million tickets per year is a massive undertaking, made possible by our 44,000 employees worldwide. But just because we are big doesn’t mean we do things the same way as other companies of our size.