Technical Proposals Engineer - Bidding and Estimation
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job description / Role
• Reads and analyses RFPs and creates a one-page project brief for the bid team.
• Creates, owns and updates a scope matrix that identifies ownership and responsibilities for internal teams and sub-consultants.
• Co-ordinates sub-consultants’ input and works with Bidding Manager to validate
• Leads and facilitates technical workshops with estimation team.
• Executes technical writing and the delivery of the Technical Submission
• Authors storyboards, pre-tender, and post-tender presentations
• Writes, critically reviews text, and edits to improve clarity and impact
• Coordinates the organization chart.
• Coordinates clarifications with the bid team and responses from the client, reviewing and disseminating client responses
• Support Pre-qualifications where required.
• Supports with project profiles and CVs when required, working with the Bid Manager to review technical content.
• Participates in the kick-off, storyboard and review workshops and works to the programme timelines
• Provides a key communications interface between divisions and technical specialists.
• Solves engineering challenges using extensive detailed design experience and knowledge of the relevant design codes and requirements.
• Reviewing design information issued at the tender design stage, highlighting any commercial risks to the business.
• Identifying any outstanding information required at tender stage for the construction work cost estimation.
• Arrange and/or attend design team meetings, as required.
• Manage external design teams, ensuring deadlines, quality and design budgets are met
• Monitor design changes, design budget and deviation from original scope and feedback the changes to Bidding Manager
• Liaise closely with client's design team to pro-actively resolve any design issues
• Attend Design Team Meeting with tender and project management team at tender design stage and project development stage.
• Responsible for design planning and coordination with client consultant
• Coordination with the various consultant team to resolve discrepancies and technical issues
• Providing design and technical support and resolution to site queries over the duration of Construction, as and when required
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in Architecture, Electrical, Mechanical, or Construction Management
• 7- 10 years’ experience, preferably within a bidding and estimation environment
• Excellent writing skills
• People leadership, facilitation, motivation and communication skills
• Logical and structured approach, strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and work to strict deadlines.
• Quickly able to grasp overall client requirements and apply technical skills to create a winning solution
• Commercial acumen
• Advanced skills in Word and PowerPoint
• Previous role with a Tier 1 Contractor would be an advantage.
About the Company
In Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO) We believe that contracting is a profession more than a business, which require accumulated experiences and continuous development by following the latest industry practices and building technologies.
With this belief as a foundation of MARCO since inception 1982,and by nurturing our accumulated experiences have been able to offer our clients high quality, outstanding services and solutions that fosters a trustful relationship that reduces the burdens of construction and puts the client at ease knowing that his project in good hands.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Estimation Engineer
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Compass Project Consulting
Compass Project Consulting
Senior Project Manager
Cost Control Engineer