Job description / Role
Technical Sales Engineer (Mechanical Engineers)
We are searching for a detail-oriented, professional technical sales (mechanical) engineer to join our company. The technical sales engineer’s responsibilities include delivering product demonstrations, networking with clients, expanding sales territories, attending seminars and trade exhibitions, conducting research, increasing your knowledge of technical products, and providing training to staff. You should be able to deliver excellent customer support and make appropriate suggestions for improvement.
To be successful as a technical sales engineer, you should demonstrate great active listening skills, patience, and confidence. Outstanding candidates are self-starters with superb networking abilities, research skills, and a good eye for opportunities.
The primary role will be to drive revenue growth by meeting with customers, promoting the benefits of the company’s products, and managing projects.
• Memorizing technical product specifications and keeping up to date with new company products as well as industry trends.
• Attending conferences, lectures, seminars, and workshops to improve your skills and knowledge.
• Conducting market research and obtaining feedback from clients to improve existing products.
• Writing reports and liaising with the production team regarding issues, foreseeable problems, and effective solutions.
• Simplifying technical terms during product demonstrations and post-sales customer support.
• Manage all technical aspects of RFP / RFI responses.
• Collaborate with distribution partners to ensure promotion, project identification and POS growth.
• Maintaining strong professional relationships with existing clients and meeting with new clients to expand sales territories.
• Maximize profitability through value-based selling and active price management
• Updating orders and sales and negotiating the best contract terms.
• Provide regular forecasts and market trend information.
SAR 6,500 to 7,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: Housing Allowance, Vehicle/Transportation Allowance, Medical Insurance, 30 calendar days paid annual vacation with return air ticket
• Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or similar.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in steel, steel pipes and related industry sales
• Capable of generating sales leads and identifying opportunities
• Strong customer service, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent organizational, research, and multitasking abilities.
• Strong written and communication skills with experience in customer presentation.
• Ability to forge strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives.
• A passion for sales and customers, motivated by challenging goals.
About the Company
A leading steel pipe manufacturing company in Saudi Arabia.