Job description / Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy, and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile application development.
We are looking for Thought Leaders, Advisory Strategists, Chief Technologists, Multi-Cloud & Hybrid Cloud Sales Directors, Modernization Evangelists, Consultants and Architects that will join our team which is a key growing business area for IBM.
Technical specialists are responsible to build applications and integrate a broad variety of products, technologies, and services; various systems and applications architectures; and diverse hardware and software components to deliver outcomes for clients. They should be able to design software solutions that meet client requirements. They must demonstrate the application of their technology skills and experience in a client environment. They should be familiar with more than one approach to software development.
At IBM, we offer consultancy services for a full-stack cloud platform that spans public, private and hybrid environments where you can build with over 170 products and services covering Data, Serverless, Containers, AI, IoT and Blockchain, and draw on deep industry expertise which helps clients on their journey to the cloud.
We're responsible for defining and implementing application roadmaps, architecture migration, modernization and operating models for cloud - for many of the biggest and most complex integration programmes in the marketplace. You will perform a Specialist technical role with a passion for delivery excellence.
* Become a trusted advisor to our clients through superior work.
* Understand our client's strategic needs, short and long-term business objectives and then articulate and formulate proposals and statements of work which are aligned
* Responsible for applications-related quality, performance, availability, scalability, and integrity. They are also responsible for the functional interface to applications and for ensuring application usability.
* Designs applications required to automate business processes and meet business needs. The resulting design may run on multiple platforms and may be composed of multiple software packages and custom components.
* Defines best practices in the critical evaluation and selection and / or development of the software components and hardware requirements of the applications and data, and the development of the application, including evaluation and selection of development methods, development processes, best practices and tools.
* Assume overall technical responsibility for the success of proposed solution design, solution content, solution construction, and solution integration in an industry vertical.
* Responsible for ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction through comprehensive knowledge of solutions offerings, strategies and direction as it relates to the client's business, infrastructure and industry.
* Propose high quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements.
* Should incorporate secure practices throughout your project from the design phase through development and testing to implementation.
* Should be well informed of the industry standards for deciding the choice of standards for a given set of client requirements.
* Should adopt efficient and automated practices for building and deploying code.
* Should understand the strengths and weaknesses of different languages and/or frameworks in the context of the project.
* Should be able to participate effectively in the QA process
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
* Follows coding best practices (unit testing, documentation, Git source control, Continuous Build and Integration etc.
* Good consulting experience, including a proven ability to define and build for customers demonstrable for over 3-5 years
* Experience in working with clients in the region or around the world
* Ability to articulate the specific challenges presented by cloud native development and application modernization
* The ability and confidence to work independently and lead others
* Good communicator at different levels, consensus builder, listener. Good communication skills - an ability to engage persuasively with stakeholders both inside IBM and with clients.
* Capable of abstract thinking
* Methodical, logical, disciplined, systematic
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
* Certifications in leading cloud vendors such as AWS, Azure, Red Hat, IBM Cloud, GCP a bonus
* Experience working with large enterprise clients
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.